Author Topic: 9-14 Update Larry Phillips Wedge Era  (Read 9196 times)

Lefturns75

Re: 9-14 Update Larry Phillips Wedge Era
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2018, 01:57:01 PM »
Don't sweat the small stuff David, any inaccuracies will be overshadowed by the visual impact of the finished build.  Your approach to this build makes me want to re-think all my past and future projects.  I mean really, why should I kill myself trying to build a 5th coil lift arm when it won't even be seen?  I like this build concept and will have to give it a try. 

Brian Conn

• Banned for the greater good
    • Alumilite Molding & Casting
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2018, 10:21:40 PM »
  What was used and how did you do the horizontal interior piece with the French wheel appearance ("ribs to the interior plate" ) .....I tried doing that with less than stellar results.   
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 10:24:54 PM by Brian Conn »
The only heroes in Washington are buried just outside of it in Arlington

Bob P.

« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2018, 08:24:07 AM »
Looking really nice, I can't wait to see the finished build.
This is just another example of your outstanding fab work.

Bob

Brian Conn

« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2018, 08:49:39 PM »
THANKS....Yes, that answers the question.....I tried doing this same thing differently....instead of having one flat piece to work with, I had several....combination of flat, vertical and diagonal...all glued in place and in the interior.   Needless to say,what I did could be improved upon.   

Brian Conn

Re: Larry Phillips Wedge Era
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2018, 07:03:33 PM »
Jackie Sims (gator on this Forum) made the coolest vacuformed bodies in the hobby, bar none. I am not sure if he is still making those and selling them so you might give him a PM or maybe he will read this and respond. I got many bodies from gator and the one I'm using for this build I've had maybe a couple of years or more.

Update- I went ahead and shot a communique to gator last night and asked if he was still making/selling vacuformed bodies and his quick response was "Yes Sir!" So my suggestion to anyone would be interested to go to the Members list, find "gator", and send him an email. 
  After studying what you have accomplished with this body , I have decided to give one or few a try myself.....sent Gator/Jackie Sims a p.m a short while ago and hopefully he'll be able to get back with me.