Author Topic: 68 Camaro Project  (Read 17191 times)

MarkJ

Re: 68 Camaro Project
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2018, 08:21:07 AM »
Man, this is looking awesome, George. That frame is a thing of beauty. Very clean work.

Bob P.

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2018, 09:37:51 AM »
Outstanding work on this build. Thanks for all the detailed information. I will be watching the progress and anxious to see the finished project.

Bob

Lefturns75

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2018, 09:17:50 PM »
Here I am once again working on one of the tasks I don't like, interior tin.  Now the only reason I am showing this mess is to show how I do it.  I use file card and cut and bend it up much like you would do on the 1:1.  I have no kit interior to help me cheat this in there.  After two file cards and a lot of Cuttin' it fits with the body on and won't look too bad when painted.  I am proud of myself as I didn't use that many bad words while doing this and I didn't cut myself or knock off any parts.  I now remember that if any suspension detail is to be seen from the top, I will have to cut out the deck lid.  And I just thought I was getting close to done, yeah, right.   Had I not started this build thread, I would already have this one back in the box and be working on a Modified Stocker Kit---out of the box.  I'll finish this one, I have gone too far now.  It will never see a contest table but should be fun to look at.

thirdgearspeedshop

« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2018, 08:11:06 AM »
I'm loving watching this one come together.

Lefturns75

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2018, 12:14:16 PM »
Another short up-date.  I got the interior tin finished, mounted the engine and got the exhaust dumps pretty well mocked up.  I also cut out the deck lid which leads to some more body work in that area.  Everything in dry-fit mock-up still fits so I will move on with the rest of the assembly.  This one has been fun but I learned what NOT to do on the next one.  I will break this thing back down and do all the little tweaks and detail painting.  I doubt I do another up-date and the next pics I post will be the finished car with paint and sponsor logos.  I won't say what the Sponsor is just yet but the colors are Orange and White.  Thankx fer watching this mess come together. 

sentsat71

« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2018, 08:15:38 AM »
Oh YEAH!!

Lookin' GOOD!!
Ed K.

BobD

« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2018, 12:31:47 PM »
Great job!  Thanks for posting all the progress updates!   I would have a migraine headache after all this work.

Lefturns75

« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2018, 10:39:01 PM »
I now have this project down to the "Short Rows" if you will.  Body is in paint and the deck lid and hood is soaking, I barfed them up.  I also destroyed two sets of PE seat belt sets.  I did a set a couple of years ago for this Corvette SCCA build and they came out fine and I was happy with them as you can see in the pic.

I now find that I can't do them anymore so I will just leave them out of this build.  I might take a breath and try a third set but I really think the age is catching up with the eyes and fingers.  This age thing is starting to grind my gears but I ain't gonna grow up no matter what.     I got all the plumbing done in the engine bay and got the fuel cell installed.  I will add the filler neck when the body goes on.  Paint, graphics and a little body work is all that is left and maybe by mid week I can have the final shots posted in the "Cars with Fenders" section.  I think I'm ready for a snap kit now. 

Dirtman

« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2018, 07:03:34 AM »
Really great detail work.  Super looking so far!

Rett

Lefturns75

« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2018, 08:42:00 PM »
Nope, nothing special David.  For any of you guys that were part of the old SNRA, this will be pretty standard from me.   Anyway, here is a sneak preview as I finish up this thing and boy will I be glad when it is done.  This has been never ending.  Everything I do leads to something else that needs to be done but I am almost there. 

Lefturns75

« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2018, 09:57:04 PM »
I look at it everyday and see all the goofs, mis-alignments and bad spots, you just see a pic once in a while.  It may take me more than a day to get this done, the Arthur in my hands is making it hard to hold things but that's what they make Aleve for!!  Hahaha!   All day long, All day strong.   I just wish they made something that made my eyes see better.  Soon there will be outside pics of the Moo Juice Express.  I think I will do some simple build after that, like a hobby stock 55 chevy or something. 

TarheelRick

« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2018, 06:50:29 AM »
Everything I do leads to something else that needs to be done but I am almost there. 
  I thought that only happened in my builds. ???  This is a beautiful short-tracker.  Love the decal work and the overall look of it.
When I win the Powerball I will switch to the real ones.

sentsat71

« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2018, 07:40:44 AM »
Paint scheme is outstanding work....
Looking GREAT!!

Ed K.

Greg Birky

• My Fotki
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2018, 10:37:41 AM »
Just, WOW, LT75!!!  This Camaro is fantastic and it truly represents our favorite time in stock car racing!!!  Thanks for taking us along through the build process.  I especially enjoyed the segment on interior tin because that is something that I truly dislike about building race cars.  Well done, sir!!!😎👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻😎🏁
The “Ole Bench Racer” 

Greg Birky

Dirtman

« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2018, 09:41:20 PM »
What Gregg said, as well as the other comments!! Plus a huge 'WOW'' from me!! Excellent looking Camaro! Well done!

Rett