Author Topic: '65 FORD Fairlane Street Stock  (Read 8826 times)

Brian Conn

• Banned for the greater good
    • Alumilite Molding & Casting
'65 FORD Fairlane Street Stock
« on: April 28, 2018, 10:06:17 PM »
Please, I beg your indulgence those of you who have already seen this....we all have to start with something, somewhere.

This is the first build that I did starting early in 2007,finished it in Sept. of 2012, after being on a building hiatus that began in the mid 1980's.

This build included a few first for me...first kit bash, first scratching building, first use of after market parts, first use of decals made by myself and first resin casting .  A few of you here where a huge help in making these first possible for me to do...unfortunately the names have been forgotten by me over time.

This build is representative of the Street Stocks being raced here locally in 1979...built according to the 1:1 rules for authenticity.

Kit bashed these two....body, some of the roll cage and misc. from the Modified Stocker kit everything else from the '66 Fairlane kit.

After market goodies include pre wired distributor and oil breathers.

Scratch built the shifter linkages out of floral wire.

Resin cast wagon wheel style wheels...forgot which kit wheels I used as the master.  Scratch built most of the cage, after market fuel tank and marine type battery box.

First decals that I ever made...some copied, others I made using MS Paint and MS Works Word Processor.

The only heroes in Washington are buried just outside of it in Arlington

Brian Conn

• Banned for the greater good
    • Alumilite Molding & Casting
Re: '65 FORD Fairlane Street Stock
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2018, 12:53:39 PM »
Thanks...I guess when I stated "raced here locally" I should have added Topeka, Ks.   anyway the rough look came about due to lack of ability and technique at the time, I did not intend on it to be that way...some things never change.
  Some how, some where there was some discussion on how to rough up an otherwise perfect body for that raced look or back yard engineering at its best appearance.  The examples shown bore a striking resemblance to what I had already done, so that has stuck with me ever since. 
  The genre of builds that I have done to date, so far, would be those type that the bodies would have been sourced from an auto salvage yard, thus the not so perfect body.  I am not making any excuses, rather trying to recreate the look that I remember, whether it be the showing at the local mall before the first race or two or three weeks into the racing season.         
The only heroes in Washington are buried just outside of it in Arlington

sentsat71

Re: '65 FORD Fairlane Street Stock
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2018, 02:32:58 PM »
Cool build!!!!!!!
Ed K.