Author Topic: (PHOTO BUCKET GOING AWAY) What are you switching to  (Read 5824 times)

Bob P.

Re: (PHOTO BUCKET GOING AWAY) What are you switching to
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2017, 05:12:00 PM »
Hondo,

you have a PM.

Bob

Marty W

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2017, 03:12:17 AM »
Bob, I am curious. What will not work with Google pics? Third party? I was thinking of going with that service.

Bob P.

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2017, 08:04:09 AM »
Marty,

I don't think 3rd party works on Google pictures. I believe I read that or someone told me 3rd party won't work.

Please check with some other people because i'm not that good on computers or photo posting.

Bob

James2

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2017, 06:08:19 AM »
I signed up on Fotki, but won't have time to transfer pix for some time. We'll see how this goes...
"Days are neither good nor bad, they are what you make of them."

TarheelRick

« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2017, 07:17:03 AM »
I tried several different time to sign on to Flikr.  It would tell me to get a code from my email. When I returned to the registration page and entered the code, I would get "Invalid Code, Check Email for proper code"  When I went back to my email there would be another code and the cycle continued.  After about a dozen tries I gave it up and went to IMGUR and it is free - so far.  Haven't really taken a lot of time transferring pictures yet, but it seems to be fairly simple, plus it offers a resize option.
When I win the Powerball I will switch to the real ones.

Dirtman

« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2017, 07:46:39 AM »
I tried several different time to sign on to Flikr.  It would tell me to get a code from my email. When I returned to the registration page and entered the code, I would get "Invalid Code, Check Email for proper code"  When I went back to my email there would be another code and the cycle continued.  After about a dozen tries I gave it up and went to IMGUR and it is free - so far.  Haven't really taken a lot of time transferring pictures yet, but it seems to be fairly simple, plus it offers a resize option.
I sort of went thru the same thing. I ended up deleting everything, walked away, came back later and everything went according to plan. Now I'm in but have to figure out how to do things in it. That's another story all together! I'm not transferring anything into it, just starting up new. I've got all my stuff backed up here so can upload as I may want to. So far, so good.......so far.....

Rett

Bob P.

« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2017, 06:11:57 PM »
I wanted to update you on the program I switched to from Photobucket.

I'm now using Fotki and am very satisfied. To me it's well worth $24 per year just to eliminate all the pop up adds.
I'm able to resize my photo's prior to posting on this forum.

Bob

Dr. Kerry

« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2017, 10:26:58 AM »
I went with Imgbox.com it works pretty easy once ya figure it out!!!!
"Keep It In Scale"
       Dr. Kerry
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCq_FIdex0e1WNmv1lpQ-ZnQ