Author Topic: A night at the track  (Read 2636 times)

Tom Birky

• Administrator
A night at the track
« on: May 21, 2018, 05:47:20 PM »
I had a great night at th e Benton County Speedway last night. It's a fast and smooth 1/4 mile with a cornfield as a backdrop off the back straight. I saw board member Bob Dixon in the stands and we did plenty of catching up on racing and modeling during intermission and between races. Fun time. Thanks Bob!

Tb

BobD

Re: A night at the track
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2018, 07:52:10 PM »
Hey Tom - It WAS a GREAT night (we could've used a little bit of last week's temps though).  Really enjoyed talking to you; only wish I had more time to "pick your brain" for some more modeling tips!  The races "kinda" got in the way of our conversation (ha!).  I always look forward to the Vinton races...the track & the action are a bit of a throwback to years gone by - plenty of close action (including the wild late model rollover).  Hope we can meet up again as the days get warmer!!        BobD

john2

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2018, 04:19:40 AM »
 :)  So glad you guys got to do that. 
Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4

Greg Birky

• My Fotki
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2018, 07:38:45 PM »
I'm glad you guys had a great time!!!  Do they still pack the stands like they used to???  Might have to use that for an excuse to come over Vinton way for a few days with the camper this summer.  I would love to meet you face to face, Bob, and it would be great to see Tom also!!!
The “Ole Bench Racer” 

Greg Birky

BobD

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2018, 08:03:40 PM »
Greg - Usually a pretty good showing @Vinton, but last Sunday the cool temps and the NNE wind kept the crowd down.  I usually make about 95% of the races there, so anytime you & Tom want to meet let me know...that would be fun!

Greg Birky

• My Fotki
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2018, 04:02:58 AM »
Sounds like a great plan...will have to start working on a camping trip over Vinton, CR way!!!
The “Ole Bench Racer” 

Greg Birky