Author Topic: '62 Ford  (Read 9865 times)

Dirtman

'62 Ford
« on: October 02, 2017, 03:01:58 PM »
 IMG_4654 by Rett Rundell, on Flickr

Finally decided to try another replica. Found this '62 Galaxie on E-bay a while back. Pretty rough, pretty brittle, pretty much a lot of work. But.....We'll see what I can do. I've got over two hours just in dechroming and rebuilding wind posts. If ANYBODY has any 62 Galaxie parts, bodies, whatever, they can get rid of, please let me know. I had 3  62's for race cars that I'd like to build. Guy at a swap had a mint one for $200 and even I'm not dumb enough to cut one of those up....lol

Rett

TarheelRick

Re: '62 Ford
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2017, 03:28:45 AM »
Looking forward to what you do with this one.  Are you going short-track or Grand National with it.  This is one I wish Round2 could find the mold or make a new one and reissue it.  Keep those updates coming.
When I win the Powerball I will switch to the real ones.

sentsat71

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2017, 06:46:07 AM »
This will be an interesting undertaking.....

I have an OLD junk box (an old shoe box) that I've had for over 50 years, but alas, only Ford part I could come up with was the stock grill for a '62 T-Bird.
I did have several old unpainted built kits that made the trip back to Calif when I came back from my 1st vacation back home to Iowa. Most of those I had inherited from an older brother, who by this time had more or less quit building models. BUT, alas, when I moved out of my 1st apartment these built cars were left behind with a note to the apt manager that he could give them to his grand kids, or just toss them out....just wish I could remember what they all were......
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 06:58:14 AM by sentsat71 »
Ed K.

Dirtman

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2017, 07:23:59 AM »
Looking forward to what you do with this one.  Are you going short-track or Grand National with it.  This is one I wish Round2 could find the mold or make a new one and reissue it.  Keep those updates coming.

This, hopefully, will be a replica of one of my 62's that I ran as a sportsman car in southeast Wisconsin back in the 70's.

Dirtman

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2017, 07:25:42 AM »
This will be an interesting undertaking.....

I have an OLD junk box (an old shoe box) that I've had for over 50 years, but alas, only Ford part I could come up with was the stock grill for a '62 T-Bird.
I did have several old unpainted built kits that made the trip back to Calif when I came back from my 1st vacation back home to Iowa. Most of those I had inherited from an older brother, who by this time had more or less quit building models. BUT, alas, when I moved out of my 1st apartment these built cars were left behind with a note to the apt manager that he could give them to his grand kids, or just toss them out....just wish I could remember what they all were......
Tks for looking. 62's are like hens teeth!

Rett

Bob P.

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2017, 08:49:18 AM »
I'm looking forward to seeing a replica of one of the cars you drove. Please Keep us posted on the progress on this build.

Bob

Olderndirt

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2017, 08:51:19 AM »
 Hens teeth is right, and not just the Galaxy's either. The Fairlanes are bumping a couple of hundred bucks if you can find an old annual kit. I wanted one, so I could build a model of my High School hotrod. Boy, did I get that out of my system in a hurry.

Olderndirt

slim

• Lives in St. Louis, MO
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2017, 11:05:50 AM »

I'll be watching this one! Good luck!

Gary Davis

• "LIVE"....from Tacoma Washington.
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2017, 12:14:50 PM »
This is going to be a good one to watch. Keep those updates uh com'in Rett. Replica builds are flat cool...especially from the guy who drove the 1/1. Looking forward to this..
"Man...I love the smell of Methonal and Dirt in the morning. Then....Methonal and Asphalt in the afternoon is GOLDEN also."

Dirtman

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2017, 04:38:27 PM »
Man, I keep finding more nicks, cracks, etc. than I realized. It's coming but geeeezz I don't think I did as much body work on the real one! Still fun, so, plan on keeping on!

Rett

Dirtman

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2017, 12:30:52 PM »
IMG_4657 by Rett Rundell, on FlickrIMG_4658 by Rett Rundell, on Flickr

Hey! I've got a straight and repaired body. All I've got do now is, hog out wheel wells, fab up a cage and some bars, and a couple hundred other little things! Gonna put it on a Starliner chassis. It's so close, and has such good detail! More to follow......

Rett

Dirtman

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2017, 02:00:33 PM »
IMG_4661 by Rett Rundell, on Flickr

Gotter' on wheels! Love that Starliner chassis and running gear!! Easy to put together, soft plastic all around so it's easy to work with. Motor is being built. Next will be cage and bar work....Getting hyped on this one!!

Rett

slim

• Lives in St. Louis, MO
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2017, 05:25:23 PM »
nice :)