Author Topic: #1 Studebaker  (Read 8379 times)

JimW

#1 Studebaker
« on: October 03, 2017, 05:20:09 AM »
built this little Studebaker as if it was a $100 or $200 claimer hobby stocker , back in the early 60's tracks around Oklahoma had a class called "claimer's" most of the time they were raced to help get guys into racing , the rules were easy to follow . any full size auto with a 4 point roll cage ,any motor and any DOT tire . you could put all the money you wanted into your car .... but you could lose it all if your car was claimed before the "A" was started.  the person claiming a car had to put up the money first before the A main to a track official, only the track official knew what cars were going to be claimed at the start of the race , when the race was finished the track official and the person claiming the car would walk over to their new race car , if the car you claimed before the race crashed you just bought yourself a new crashed race car anyway heres my $100 claimer hobby stocker race car 

[urlhttp://flic.kr/p/Y4uZ9k]

>:(
RACING is an ADDICTION ::: the only CURE is POVERTY

john2

Re: #1 Studebaker
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2017, 06:07:11 AM »
 :)  Pretty neat, and a good story too. 
Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4

sentsat71

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2017, 07:01:26 AM »
Neat looking Studebaker!!

Cool story....
Ed K.

Dirtman

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2017, 07:21:57 AM »
 :) :) :) :) :)

slim

• Lives in St. Louis, MO
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2017, 11:12:30 AM »
Great looking Stude!

Gary Davis

• "LIVE"....from Tacoma Washington.
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2017, 12:05:36 PM »
Man Jim...that car looks GREAT for a $100-$200 claimer. In N. Calif back in the late 60s... they ran the claimer class also. If I remember it right...theirs was a $200 claim and the rules were pretty much the same. Very cool subject.
"Man...I love the smell of Methonal and Dirt in the morning. Then....Methonal and Asphalt in the afternoon is GOLDEN also."

TarheelRick

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2017, 12:11:34 PM »
Cool Studebaker and fits the class quite well.  Here at the Bowman Gray "Madhouse" it was a $99 claim and the only stipulation was that if the owner refused to sell the car he had to move the car up to the Hobby Stock division or retire it.
When I win the Powerball I will switch to the real ones.