Author Topic: Late Model Camaro  (Read 18138 times)

thirdgearspeedshop

Re: Late Model Camaro
« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2020, 10:00:42 AM »
More progress was made over the holiday weekend. I sorted out the steering shaft, installed the master cylinders, finished the tin work and started on the drivers side door bars. I also got it up on 4 wheels and test fit the body. Still a ways to go but it's coming together.

Gary Davis

• "LIVE"....from Tacoma Washington.
« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2020, 12:28:23 PM »
That's sure looking good TG. Your fab work really shines.
"Man...I love the smell of Methonal and Dirt in the morning. Then....Methonal and Asphalt in the afternoon is GOLDEN also."

john2

« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2020, 02:54:32 PM »
Your work is really very  good, and certainly far beyond me.  It's going to be quite a model when you finish. 

As I sat here looking at the pictures from early in this topic, I couldn't help but think how much more interesting these cars were than those of today.  You know,  the square , flat ones,  that look like they are going to fall over in the turns.  I guess that is the artist in me poking through. 
Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4

RandB11

« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2020, 09:57:27 PM »
Incredible fab work! Been following this build, can't wait to see more!  It really looks good with the body on it. Gonna be a good one!
Rick  :)

thirdgearspeedshop

« Reply #49 on: June 12, 2020, 10:55:58 AM »
I finally got some paint on this one. I have finished the rear end and seat. Also finished the front suspension and plumbed the brake lines both front and rear. Next will be rear shocks, fuel cell and engine detailing.

Fordguy01

« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2020, 01:34:43 PM »
Hey third that fab work is beyond outstanding can't wait to see the finished product.  And for the header you tube, put me down for 800 yesses and thanks for posting this build!
Al

BobD

« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2020, 02:17:42 PM »
WOW! This is one outstanding piece of work!!  I know how many hours go into my builds... this would take me several years to accomplish something with this detail!

Gary Davis

• "LIVE"....from Tacoma Washington.
« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2020, 03:36:08 PM »
Alright then...TG..your work is really shining on this bad boy. You have the attention to detail in Spades on this build.
"Man...I love the smell of Methonal and Dirt in the morning. Then....Methonal and Asphalt in the afternoon is GOLDEN also."

thirdgearspeedshop

« Reply #53 on: June 12, 2020, 04:11:22 PM »
Alright then...TG..your work is really shining on this bad boy. You have the attention to detail in Spades on this build.

Thanks Gary. I wasn't sure if the brake line to the rear would have run under the frame like that but that's about the only way I could get it to work. I'm also missing a couple support bars in the rear ( mental note for the next one) hopefully it won't be noticed.

Dirtman

« Reply #54 on: June 13, 2020, 07:46:29 AM »
Super detailing. Wish I could get my cages and other bars to look so good. Do you pin them? I haven't figured out exactly how to do that yet!

Rett

thirdgearspeedshop

« Reply #55 on: June 13, 2020, 08:45:26 AM »
Super detailing. Wish I could get my cages and other bars to look so good. Do you pin them? I haven't figured out exactly how to do that yet!

Rett

Thanks Rett. I do not pin the cage bars. I fishmouth them and use Tamiya styrene cement. The solvent based cement welds(melts) the sytrene so sometimes a fishmouth is not needed. I did pin the leaf springs in place, mainly for mock ups but the pins allow for assembly without glue also.

Dirtman

« Reply #56 on: June 13, 2020, 01:40:05 PM »

Rett

Thanks Rett. I do not pin the cage bars. I fishmouth them and use Tamiya styrene cement. The solvent based cement welds(melts) the sytrene so sometimes a fishmouth is not needed. I did pin the leaf springs in place, mainly for mock ups but the pins allow for assembly without glue also.

Thanks Mark, I'll have to look for Tamiya Styrene Cement.ds

Brian Conn

• Banned for the greater good
    • Alumilite Molding & Casting
« Reply #57 on: June 14, 2020, 03:24:22 PM »
  Everything is looking absolutely great.
  I had the same issue's with the rear brake lines on deciding which way to go when I started plumbing brake lines.  I figured that once everything is in place, things like brake lines, fuel lines, etc., that those lines somewhat disappear, so what I do is just run them along the top of the rear frame and/or some of the horizontal bars of the cage to where the rear fire wall is to give the appearance that they pass thru the interior cockpit. Take a look at the on going '78 Mustang II dirt late model build (page 3) and you will see what I am talking about.   
« Last Edit: June 14, 2020, 03:34:06 PM by Brian Conn »
The only heroes in Washington are buried just outside of it in Arlington

thirdgearspeedshop

« Reply #58 on: June 23, 2020, 09:57:44 AM »
I've got the engine and fuel cell almost ready to drop in. still need a black wash on the valve cover breathers. Fuel lines are in place, plug wires and magneto are installed. The air cleaner and fan will be put on once the engine is in the frame.

The carb, valve covers, valve breathers and oil pan came from Ron Coon. The magneto came from Morgan Automotive Detail. Headers, fuel log and fan belts/pulleys are scratch built. Block, heads, intake and tranny are NASCAR AMT.

ModelCarMan AKA Ricky

« Reply #59 on: June 23, 2020, 10:13:36 AM »
Great fabwork!