Author Topic: ‘40 Ford standard question  (Read 2800 times)

Olderndirt

‘40 Ford standard question
« on: November 04, 2018, 09:59:12 AM »
Do any of you know if the aftermarket photo etched grill for the Revell ‘40 Ford standard coupe will fit the old ‘39/‘40 Ford sedan kit from AMT? I’m still looking for a couple of ‘39 hoods from the sedan kit, by the way.

Olderndirt

Fordguy01

Re: ‘40 Ford standard question
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2018, 09:53:19 PM »
Hi Older,  Did you check Model Car Garage? he has a photo etch set for the 39 Ford.  As for the hood I may have what you are looking for I have several hoods in my stash and I am more than willing to paret with one or two.  I do believe the 39 has the more bluknt nose but am not sure.  Let me know if you are interestef.

Al

Olderndirt

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2018, 09:34:23 AM »
Fordguy, you are right on the 39 hoods, they look blunter because there’s no step like where the 40 grill meats the side louvers. I’m willing to trade or buy them from you. Most of my stuff is vintage, or scrounged. Where I live there are no hobby shops that don’t involve spending a half day getting to. Even then they usually stock either tuners, or Nastycar, kits that don’t interest me. I try to build cars from the 30’s thru the 50’s when I can find the kits.

Olderndirt

Fordguy01

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2019, 10:01:00 PM »
I just saw your response and I will check through my stash to see what I have.  No need to pay or trade as I have a small plastic junkyard  n my man cave.  LKet e see what I have and I'll get back with you.
Fordguy01 Aka Al

Fordguy01

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2019, 04:45:50 PM »
Hi older,  I have gone through my stash and I located two 39 Ford hoods.  They are yours if you want them and by the way, did you ever find out about the photo etch 39 Ford grill?  If you didn't let me know and I will check at Model Cars and More and see if he has any.  If you want the hoods e-mail me at Karma01@windstream.net with your name and address and I will get them to you.

Fordguy01 - AKA Al

Olderndirt

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2019, 05:13:01 PM »
Al, I still need the hoods, thank you. I found the photoetched ‘39 grills at Model roundup. I’ll shoot you an email with the particulars. Thanks again.

Olderndirt