Author Topic: 1963 Chevy  (Read 42465 times)

Gary Davis

• "LIVE"....from Tacoma Washington.
Re: 1963 Chevy
« Reply #90 on: February 09, 2018, 04:04:35 PM »
Gary, Im glad you asked Supertex about the putty, I keep forgetting to ask him that.  I get all sidetracked when he builds a part out of nothing.  I can't wait to see how he scratch-builds the grease for the ball joints.   I will have to round up a tube of the Tamiya putty, my vocabulary might improve if I throw away this tube of Squadron white.

Ok , George. You lost me now, on the squadron putty, hindering your vocabulary. Your going to have to splain that to me.
LOL...I think he means...He'll stop swearing at that ugly GREEN stuff. You know how US short  track guys get sometimes...ya gotta use a 50lb sledge and a WHOLE lot'ta of swear words to get it right...When that don't work...get the torch out and CUT IT OFF..didn't need that part anyhow!!  LOL 

Also Mark...which tube do you use...I saw three different tubes. White...Grey...and a fast set tube. I know it's not the fast set as it says it will set up in 1 min in sun light and 2 min under florescent lighting. By chance..Do you know what the difference is between the white and Grey fillers are? Thanks Mark...
"Man...I love the smell of Methonal and Dirt in the morning. Then....Methonal and Asphalt in the afternoon is GOLDEN also."

Lefturns75

« Reply #91 on: February 09, 2018, 06:19:39 PM »
Supertex, I think David Splain'ed it.  The stuff never did "Hinder" my vocabulary, It just caused the use of words and names you don't say around women and children.  It was getting pretty bad because my cat would leave the room and she don't give a "Rats" what I do or say usually.    Guess I will have to alter my communication skills a mite so's you Texas boys can follow along.  Better yet, when ya gets a chance, come up here to the Ozarks and visit a spell, We'll learn ya to talk normal and how to enjoy some really great baked sow belly, grits and collard greens.   

Gary Davis

« Reply #92 on: February 09, 2018, 06:58:20 PM »
Thanks for the input David. I've used the Squadron(both colors) and I really didn't like it. I went to the evercoat about 15 yrs ago and liked it. But...I saw how smooth and wet looking that Marks putty jobs were and was really curious. I also use the Bondo RED that's in the tube. It dries in about 20 min and can be sanded. The only Draw back is... it has to be applied in layers like the squadron does. Sooo... I did see that Tamiya makes a fast setting one part putty... I might give that a try...along with the grey/white. 

Supertex, I think David Splain'ed it.  The stuff never did "Hinder" my vocabulary, It just caused the use of words and names you don't say around women and children.  It was getting pretty bad because my cat would leave the room and she don't give a "Rats" what I do or say usually.    Guess I will have to alter my communication skills a mite so's you Texas boys can follow along.  Better yet, when ya gets a chance, come up here to the Ozarks and visit a spell, We'll learn ya to talk normal and how to enjoy some really great baked sow belly, grits and collard greens.   
LOL...Uuuggghhh...I think that was me There LT75... Yes'sr...I just might take a small road trip and meet you guys down there for some of that belly with Grits and Greens. I eat grits and Greens quite often here at the house. Haven't tried sow belly though. Love pork soooo...I'd be up for try'n it for sure. Give my some of that Crystal Hot sauce, a little salt and pepper and I'm good to go. Oh Yea...don't forget the corn cakes and black eyed peas....Man...I'm get'in hungry :P
"Man...I love the smell of Methonal and Dirt in the morning. Then....Methonal and Asphalt in the afternoon is GOLDEN also."

Lefturns75

« Reply #93 on: February 09, 2018, 07:21:00 PM »
Now that I go back and read all them posts again, it was you Gary.  When you look through Tri-focal glasses that needs a good cleaning all these posts run together.  That is why my modeling has really slowed down, I see like Mr. McGoo.  Just today I looked through the wrong "Focal" and I poured my coffee BESIDE the cup instead of in it.  Guess I should have listened in  my younger days when they told me to toss those Ray Bans and get a good welding hood. 

Gary Davis

« Reply #94 on: February 09, 2018, 07:27:00 PM »
That's O KAY George...I'm looking through Bi's as I (try to) type. That's the thing about GRAVITY..(Great John Mayer song)..everything heads south with it...ya know?? LOL Oh well...Give me the Binocular magnifiers and I'm good to go.

MarkJ

« Reply #95 on: February 10, 2018, 06:25:55 AM »
Gary, Im glad you asked Supertex about the putty, I keep forgetting to ask him that.  I get all sidetracked when he builds a part out of nothing.  I can't wait to see how he scratch-builds the grease for the ball joints.   I will have to round up a tube of the Tamiya putty, my vocabulary might improve if I throw away this tube of Squadron white.

Ok , George. You lost me now, on the squadron putty, hindering your vocabulary. Your going to have to splain that to me.
LOL...I think he means...He'll stop swearing at that ugly GREEN stuff. You know how US short  track guys get sometimes...ya gotta use a 50lb sledge and a WHOLE lot'ta of swear words to get it right...When that don't work...get the torch out and CUT IT OFF..didn't need that part anyhow!!  LOL 

Also Mark...which tube do you use...I saw three different tubes. White...Grey...and a fast set tube. I know it's not the fast set as it says it will set up in 1 min in sun light and 2 min under florescent lighting. By chance..Do you know what the difference is between the white and Grey fillers are? Thanks Mark...

Gary, I just use the white because I think that is all that Hobby Lobby sells. David's right, the squadron takes less time, which I liked. But he's also right that you have to use it fast and leave it alone, till it cures.

Gary Davis

« Reply #96 on: February 10, 2018, 11:12:10 AM »
Thank you Mark. I think I might try the white and the fast set up.... Of course...I've got this huge tube of evercoat to use up first... :-\

MarkJ

« Reply #97 on: February 13, 2018, 05:20:46 PM »

Gary Davis

« Reply #98 on: February 13, 2018, 05:22:34 PM »
Man...this is really looking good Mark.

Dirtman

« Reply #99 on: February 14, 2018, 07:15:13 AM »
Hey Mark, what is that curved tube in the middle, coming over the seat? The craftsmanship all looks great!
I'm guessing a shoulder support, yet to be padded.

Rett

MarkJ

« Reply #100 on: February 14, 2018, 09:57:44 AM »
Hey Mark, what is that curved tube in the middle, coming over the seat? The craftsmanship all looks great!

David its the bolster to hold the driver against centrifugal force. Yes it will need to be padded and attached to the bar running from front to rear.

MarkJ

« Reply #101 on: February 14, 2018, 01:09:51 PM »
Man...this is really looking good Mark.

Thanks, Gary. I really appreciate the feedback.

Bob P.

« Reply #102 on: February 14, 2018, 07:05:04 PM »
This is coming along very nice Mark, I can tell a ton of work has already gone into this build. I'm sure it will be worth the effort when finished.

Bob

MarkJ

« Reply #103 on: February 15, 2018, 07:42:36 AM »
This is coming along very nice Mark, I can tell a ton of work has already gone into this build. I'm sure it will be worth the effort when finished.

Bob

Thanks, Bob. I really appreciate the feedback.

MarkJ

« Reply #104 on: February 15, 2018, 07:48:26 AM »