Author Topic: Salvinos Modified  (Read 7277 times)

john2

Salvinos Modified
« on: December 25, 2019, 06:15:23 PM »
Several weeks back there was mention on another forum that they might be going to do a current day NASCAR modified.  Anyone know anything about that ?
Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4

john2

Re: Salvinos Modified
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2019, 05:22:49 AM »
Oooops.  Forgot it was us.  Old age thing, you know.
Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4

dirtmodwrench

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2020, 07:57:19 AM »
Check out the update on the Salvinos JR asphalt modified.  No release date mentioned, but a pretty cool looking prototype in the design phase.  Fast forward to 12:27 in the attached link.

https://www.facebook.com/salvinosjrmodels/videos/vb.129682007687654/598691397551772/?type=2&theater

dirtmodwrench

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2020, 08:04:53 AM »
Before you all shoot me, I just tested this and the link takes you to a Facebook login page. Sorry about that!  I don't have a Facebook account, but am able to view the video.

Just do a Google search for Salvinos JR Models and select the Home - Facebook option.  You don't have to sign into Facebook or create an account.  On the main landing page, click on videos and pick the one from December 28, 2019.  Fast forward to the time marker of 12:27 and enjoy the view........

Tom Birky

• Administrator

Gary Davis

• "LIVE"....from Tacoma Washington.
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2020, 03:09:03 PM »
I'm sure looking forward to this NEW Release from those folks. The Modified series is one of my favorite types of cars. I'll probably pickup quite a few of these to add to the one I fabbed back in 05-06. Very cool cars for sure...
This is the Featherlite (series sponsor at the time) 85 Mustang that i built....

"Man...I love the smell of Methonal and Dirt in the morning. Then....Methonal and Asphalt in the afternoon is GOLDEN also."

sentsat71

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2020, 07:45:47 AM »
Gary..

Remember this modified!
GREAT to see it again!!
Ed K.

Greg Birky

• My Fotki
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2020, 07:54:37 AM »
Gorgeous modified Gary!!!🏁🏁🏁
The “Ole Bench Racer” 

Greg Birky

pdaly28

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2020, 04:01:36 PM »
beautiful mod!I have been talking with them and if there is enough interest it could be out this summer.I have not built in a while,but let him know i was in for 4.there are guys telling him 5 and 10 so i hope it happens

pdaly28

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2020, 11:02:25 AM »
salvinos has a coffee hour most every saturday at 9am eastern and that modified is also.you can go on their site and he runs that coffee hour all day......very cool modified

Greg Birky

• My Fotki
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2020, 04:32:22 PM »
I just found out today that the Whelen modified’s are coming to the Iowa Speedway here in Newton in conjunction with the Indy cards this summer!  Might have to go see them in action!
The “Ole Bench Racer” 

Greg Birky

sentsat71

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2020, 06:05:59 PM »
Greg....bet that will be fun to watch the modifieds...!
Ed K.

Gary Davis

• "LIVE"....from Tacoma Washington.
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2020, 06:54:25 PM »
Thanks for all the Comps on the #16 Folks. It was definitely a fun build for sure.

I just found out today that the Whelen modified’s are coming to the Iowa Speedway here in Newton in conjunction with the Indy cards this summer!  Might have to go see them in action!
If you go Greg...you will NOT be disappointed...that's for sure. Sooo...you get to see Indy cars and the Modifieds on the same ticket???? MAN...that's like going to RACE heaven..don't 'cha know....WAY cool.
"Man...I love the smell of Methonal and Dirt in the morning. Then....Methonal and Asphalt in the afternoon is GOLDEN also."

Fordguy01

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2020, 12:59:07 PM »
One of the guys at my model car club told me of this new endeavor by Salvino models and he showed me a picture of it and does it ever look good. but he also told me that they were having trouble with financing to produce the kit.  At this point all I can do is hope it hits the shelves soon.

Fordgoy01 or as I like to be called Al

pdaly28

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2020, 02:42:41 PM »
he's testing the market.He told me if he has enough interest we might see it late summer/early fall.pretty expensive endevor to sell for 40-40 bucks.I told him i was in for 3 even though i am not building at this time.hope it happens!