Author Topic: Making Decals  (Read 2040 times)

spotter23

Making Decals
« on: October 28, 2017, 03:48:39 PM »
I've recently begun to experiment with making my own decals. I've had a few sheets of EXPERTS-CHOICE product for several years just tucked away in my build desk. Recently pulled them out and began to work on some numbers and letters. For the most part what I have created has worked well. I use power point to create the numbers and lettering.........very basic stuff just to experiment. My first disappointment was when I figured out laser printers or most printers don't print white, so making black numbers with a white outline doesn't work. And any sponsor decals that are cut and pasted onto power point won't print any white portions of the logo.

Basically I would like to move to the next level. I see some really nice work by many of you on this site and other forums, and I'm struggling on how to move on from here..........more designs to replicate exact fonts on real cars, more colors, and be able to reproduce some models of short track drivers I watched as a kid at Fairground Speedway In Nashville.

Any suggestions of direction would be welcomed

Thanks Fellows
"Looking Cheap Ain't Cool & Looking Cool Ain't Cheap

JimW

Re: Making Decals
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2017, 11:20:18 PM »
it all come down to be able to print white and theres  only a few ways to do that  1 is a ALP'S md5000 print (thats what I used) but I cant remember the other 2 types of printers , i know they cost big bucks if you can find them . not that an ALP'S is cheap but if you can find one on Ebay for under $1000 it can make you that back in custom made decals over time , if you want to make $$ from it
RACING is an ADDICTION ::: the only CURE is POVERTY