Author Topic: '67 Ford Galaxie LM  (Read 4819 times)

Dirtman

'67 Ford Galaxie LM
« on: February 26, 2019, 06:17:10 PM »
IMG_5036 by Rett Rundell, on FlickrIMG_5048 by Rett Rundell, on Flickr
My latest project. This is my short lived '67 Galaxie raced at Hales Corners in 1973. Got put about 10-12 ft up a light pole the 6th night of racing. Pretty much did it in! Anyhow, this is a '68-69 Galaxie kit, highly modified from a fast back to a notch back. This part of the conversion was done by my friend Rick Tackman. He had to redo the rear pillars, flatten the hood a little. Reshaped the front fenders, and made the headlight and taillight covers. Chassis is a '60 Starliner with a bunch of modification, scratched cage(close to the full sized car) Got seat, shifter column, extinguisher done tonight. Won't be finish for a while. Got a paying job to do for another friend.

Rett

john2

Re: '67 Ford Galaxie LM
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2019, 07:55:05 PM »
Rett,  not sure I ever heard of a '67 to '69 Galaxie.  Of course,  I am getting on up there now, so  who knows.
Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4

Tom Birky

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2019, 08:12:46 PM »
Ok!! Great start Rett! This should be a cool replica and a unique car to boot. I wouldn't even know where to start a body conversion like that.

tb

Brian Conn

• Banned for the greater good
    • Alumilite Molding & Casting
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2019, 09:41:45 PM »
Rett,  not sure I ever heard of a '67 to '69 Galaxie.  Of course,  I am getting on up there now, so  who knows.
   I had a '70 Galaxie fastback back in the 80's ...pretty cool car 8) 

Great start on that build, Rett
The only heroes in Washington are buried just outside of it in Arlington

john2

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2019, 07:15:20 AM »
Silly me.  Guess I forgot about them when the Fairlanes showed up at the tracks.
Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4

Olderndirt

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2019, 09:35:16 AM »
Boy that sure kicked up an old memory. The local police department got a new Galaxy with a big block in it, in 1967. They also got a new rookie, that was “heavy with badge”. So us farm boys that had spent our whole lives driving the back roads of the farm  country decided to teach him a little lesson. Now days you’d get shot, but back then a local cop wouldn’t call in for help unless he just had to. We let that rookie chase us through every creek bottom, dirt road, and tar weed patch, in the area. The next day he could be seen behind the firehouse trying to clean up the new patrol car. Years later he became the police chief, and a good friend. We have had many conversations about those chases over a beer or two.

Olderndirt

Dirtman

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2019, 10:31:44 AM »
That's another reason this hobby is fun. We get to hear stories like that!!

Rett

BobD

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2019, 02:56:31 PM »
Well here's one you don't see every day!  In fact I don't think I've EVER seen one on the short tracks!  Can't wait to see your finished product Rett!

Dirtman

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2019, 03:09:37 PM »
Well here's one you don't see every day!  In fact I don't think I've EVER seen one on the short tracks!  Can't wait to see your finished product Rett!

There sure weren't many! Thing was pretty heavy too, probably one of the heaviest besides a '69 Charger that was there also. He didn't have much money either!!! But....we were racing and as you can see by the picture still able to win. (a heat race).
Rett

Dirtman

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2019, 10:35:02 PM »
Well to set the story straight, I blew my clutch coming off turn 4, got pushed part way down the straight (trying to go infield) when the pushee stopped pushing he hooked me left. I hit the cement cone at the bottom of the post and headed up up and away! I busted two strands of my homemade window net with my left elbow but I've still got my arm! End of race car, end of story.....(nets were not mandatory then, I was one of the first to use one)

Rett

Bob P.

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2019, 05:51:41 PM »
Great replica build taking place here. It's even more special being your race car. I'm looking forward to seeing this one finished.

Bob