Author Topic: '67 Mustang LM  (Read 17037 times)

Dirtman

Re: '67 Mustang LM
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2018, 04:11:53 PM »
Thanks guys, I guess it's all in the eye of the beer holder, er beholder....

Rett

john2

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2018, 04:30:51 AM »
 :)  It might be, Rett.  But the important thing is to please yourself with it.  Stay happy, ole buddy.
Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4

sentsat71

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2018, 06:03:04 AM »
Me......I'm likin' it.....looks quite sharp......interesting color scheme

I had a bunch that I played around with back in the day and ended up tossing them out, long before personal computers hit the scene....
Some I wish I still had.......
Ed K.

Dirtman

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2018, 08:22:21 AM »
I never trash them, and I will post everything I build, good or bad...just wasn't happy the way this one turned out. I've done some good, and some bad, oh well. Hopefully the next one will be the best one.....

Rett

sentsat71

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2018, 12:18:56 PM »
Rett....
In looking at the 3rd pic down of the completed build, I can see where Ford got the idea for the Torinos!
Had to do a double take on that pic as I thought for a second or two, that I was looking at a Torino....
either that, or my eyes are going bad.....lol
Ed K.

Gary Davis

• "LIVE"....from Tacoma Washington.
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2018, 03:02:20 PM »
Man David...you found a great pic! Rett...what yr is that Stang? It looks like it might be a 69 Mach1 or a 70. Have you built a replica of this one yet?
"Man...I love the smell of Methonal and Dirt in the morning. Then....Methonal and Asphalt in the afternoon is GOLDEN also."

Michael F

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2018, 05:02:59 PM »
Very nice Mustang !!  I have a poor one started in my stash, now i know what to do with it ...
Greetings from Germany!

slim

• Lives in St. Louis, MO
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2018, 07:51:12 PM »
I like it Rett! It has that Wisconsin dirt track, nose high, stance to it!

Dirtman

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2018, 11:22:41 PM »
Man David...you found a great pic! Rett...what yr is that Stang? It looks like it might be a 69 Mach1 or a 70. Have you built a replica of this one yet?
It's a 70. Owned by my best friend Rick Tackman. It was a darned good car, had my 406, trans and rear end in it. We were seriously behind the eight ball money wise so weren't able to compete as well as we would have liked. Sort of had to run on 2nd hand tires too. But we had a good time. That would have been 1974.

Rett

Dirtman

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2018, 11:24:48 PM »
No, I haven't built a replica of it. Plan on it soon tho. I've already started (today) another replica of a friends '57 Ford Hdtp. We'll see how that comes out and go from there....

Rett

Gary Davis

« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2018, 01:13:51 PM »
That sounds cool Rett. I remember you talking about that engine you took out of the race car and put it in the street car...or do I have that backwards...CRS ya know :o ;D. That's a very good looking Mustang my friend. Those colors are almost dead on to my Graduating High school colors. Maroon/White/Gold. If you don't build it...I'd like your permission to do a replica of it.
"Man...I love the smell of Methonal and Dirt in the morning. Then....Methonal and Asphalt in the afternoon is GOLDEN also."

john2

« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2018, 05:43:06 PM »
 :)  You look good in that 67 Rett. I think David missed the duct tape on the windshield, though. 

Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4

Dirtman

« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2018, 10:16:11 PM »
That sounds cool Rett. I remember you talking about that engine you took out of the race car and put it in the street car...or do I have that backwards...CRS ya know :o ;D. That's a very good looking Mustang my friend. Those colors are almost dead on to my Graduating High school colors. Maroon/White/Gold. If you don't build it...I'd like your permission to do a replica of it.
Ya, I took a 30 over
 406 Ford out of my LM and put it in my '64 Galaxie street machine, fun car.
Rett

Dirtman

« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2018, 10:20:28 PM »

If your talking about the #67 it's a '70 powered by 406. Colors are pink, white, and brown. I used to tease my friend, the owner, and call it Pansy Pink! I never had a problem wearing pink and no one wanted to give me a hard time about it. LOL. I'd be honored if you wanted to build it, so go for it!
Rett

Gary Davis

« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2018, 01:58:15 PM »
I just put that puppy on my BUILD list. What I need( if possible) is More info for the build. Type of cage(bar configuration). You know..... that sort of info that makes this your car(other than the paint scheme) You said there was pink in there....I don't see pink at all. I see Brown/White...Gold lettering,#s annnnd the 500mph tape around the windshield. The only pink I see in that pic is your shirt. Which is a mighty fine look'in shirt I might add...