Author Topic: Hangin at the mortuary  (Read 7390 times)

Marty W

Re: Hangin at the mortuary
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2018, 05:25:11 PM »
It is hard to imagine the pain that must cause you and your family, Greg. Very sorry to hear about this.

Brian Conn

• Banned for the greater good
    • Alumilite Molding & Casting
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2018, 11:13:02 AM »
  Greg, you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers...stay strong my friend.
The only heroes in Washington are buried just outside of it in Arlington

Greg Birky

• My Fotki
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2018, 12:59:23 AM »
Hi fella's,  I just want thank each and every one for the best wishes and prayers.  They all mean a lot to me.  Olderndirt, I didn't mean to sound so negative in my post and I'm truly sorry for hijacking your thread.  I think as my wife passes and things calm down here I hope get back to building.   
The “Ole Bench Racer” 

Greg Birky

BobD

« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2018, 07:06:53 PM »
Greg - So sorry for your heartache & pain. My wife is a cancer survivor, so I have a small idea of what you must be going through.  You & your family are in our thoughts & prayers!     BobD

Greg Birky

• My Fotki
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2018, 06:59:16 PM »
I truly appreciate the thoughts and prayers, Bob. It seems that once a rarity almost everyone seems to have cancer somewhere in their family.  It certainly changes families in some way forever.  How is your wife doing now???  My wife, Kathy, was admitted to acute inpatient hospice yesterday because the meds were not getting the job done as the pain was continually increasing from the cancer.  Dr. says that she won't be coming home this time.  When the dust all settles I'll look forward to building again and maybe even getting out to some races with Tom next summer.  I just hate cancer and I hate seeing my wife have to endure through the dying process.  It just seems to be so inhumane that people have to die a slow death that way.  Good thing is that soon there'll be no more pain and suffering for her.  I know I'm just rambling on here but in the few moments I occasionally can take my focus of of her, I daydream about finishing my started models and building some fresh, new projects and maybe even do a bit of reworking my model room.
The “Ole Bench Racer” 

Greg Birky

john2

« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2018, 08:24:23 PM »
 :)  Continued prayers, thoughts, and best wishes to you all, Greg.  It must be extremely sad for everyone.
Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4

sentsat71

« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2018, 06:11:27 AM »
Echoing John2

Continued prayers, thoughts and best wishes to you, and your wife, Greg....
Ed K.

TarheelRick

« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2018, 03:21:39 AM »
Greg, I was thinking of you and your wife in church yesterday and lifted a special prayer for you.  Haven't heard anything in over a week, so not sure of current situation.  Just know I pray for you each day.
When I win the Powerball I will switch to the real ones.

Greg Birky

• My Fotki
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2018, 07:00:10 AM »
Thank you Rick, John2, Ed and everyone who is covering my wife and family in prayer!  It doesn't go unnoticed.  A quick update, Kathy has been home from the hospital since early Monday evening.  New med combo is working well.  She has been sleeping for about 32 hours now, very calm, no signs of pain or anxiety now.  It is my belief that she will get on with the process of passing which will be good.  She's suffered with pain from CP her entire life and this cancer ordeal has been going on for three years.  My prayer is that the Lord will take her quickly now.  It really is a heartbreaking thing to have to watch someone dying before your eyes so it will be a huge blessing when she passes.  While I'm here I want to wish everyone on this board a heartfelt Merry Christmas.  One and all, please remember that the gifts of plastic are great but the real reason for celebrating Christmas is the birth of our Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ.  Thank you guys for caring and I hope to be back here in the fray real soon.  Greg🏁
The “Ole Bench Racer” 

Greg Birky

Dr. Kerry

« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2018, 09:14:08 AM »
Sorry to hear about Kathy Greg!!! Thoughts and prayers to you all!!!

OND! I know life gets a person down from time to time and I tell ya!!! Been there myself a time or two..... hundred!! Been there lately..
"Keep It In Scale"
       Dr. Kerry
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCq_FIdex0e1WNmv1lpQ-ZnQ