Author Topic: USPS fun  (Read 3195 times)

Lefturns75

USPS fun
« on: December 19, 2018, 02:23:57 PM »
Any of you guys had any interesting USPS experiences lately?  I had a package sent to me from Prospect Heights Ill. on Dec. 6.  As I watched the tracking info this package left Prospect Heights the same day it was mailed and then---------Chicago Dist. Center, St. Louis Dist. Center, Memphis Tn. Dist. Center, Little Rock Ar. Dist. Center, Fayetteville Ar. Dist Center which is 70 miles from me.  THEN it went to Minneapolis Mn. Dist. Center, St. Paul Mn. Dist Center, Back to Memphis Tn, Little Rock Ar, Russellville Ar, Fayetteville Ar, to my local post office and then to me today.  Something like this happens at least once out of every four packages I get.  The guy at the local PO told me they way they do it is the most efficient way.  Yeah, right.  And they wonder why they lose millions each year.  How can you call sending a package that cost $4.25 to send on a 13 day tour of the US efficient?  This year USPS reported a loss of $1.3 Billion-------yes, with a B.   Get your wallets out tax payers, the USPS is Efficient!!!!

sentsat71

Re: USPS fun
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2018, 07:24:20 AM »
I have not had that kind of issue with the USPS...yet....(Knock on wood!!)...

Ordered something online back on the 7th of Dec.....Finally arrived at my local post office on the 18th.....coming from Calif.....initial shipping company was DHL and it seemed to sit at the "starting" location for days before they finally sent it on its way....Once USPS got it, it only took a couple of days to get here in Iowa, from a post office somewhere in Illinois.....

Now, I don't know how long it takes things I send out through the USPS system.....but have not heard of any complaints......again...yet.....
Ed K.

TarheelRick

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2018, 06:22:20 AM »
Over the past month I have had two different packages, one I sent and the other coming to me, that were lost somewhere in the ozone.  The first was a small package going to a cousin who lives 20 miles from me.  When it didn't arrive within two weeks of the time specified I went to the PO and asked about it.  I had already done a tracking search and all I found was "In Transit - will be later than expected".  The Postmaster did a search and came up with the same thing I did.  The package arrived two days later - imagine that.  I then did a tracking history search and found the package had gone to Greensboro Center (GSO), left GSO, returned four days later, left again and did not return for eight days.  The package coming to me went through the same movements.  For some reason when I do a "Tracking History" search, all I can get is the departure center times and receipt at the GSO center.  A couple years ago I sent a package to a friend down on the coastal area of NC, 150-200 miles, it went through Memphis, Cleveland, Chicago, back through Memphis, and finally back to NC.  Yep, they are efficient alright.  My dad was a rural carrier for 28 years, and in the later years he had some frightening stories to tell.
When I win the Powerball I will switch to the real ones.

Lefturns75

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2018, 12:46:58 AM »
Yeah, Efficient.  That is what every postal worker tells me.  I sent three kits to a city called Oronogo Mo. which is just a few minutes north of Joplin.  Joplin is 142 miles from me.  The package left here, went to Springfield, then to Columbia Mo.  The next move was San Diego CA.????   It bounced between San Diego and LA for three days and finally landed in Phoenix AZ.  Next stop was Memphis Tn., Little Rock Ark, Fayetteville Ark, Springfield Mo, Columbia Mo. and then delivery.  If that is what USPS calls efficient I sure would hate to see what it is like when they screw the pooch.  The package cost $12.75 to ship and if I could take a trip like that for that price, I would travel all the time.  How much was spent on hourly wages tossing it in different bins, fuel to ship and driver wages for that $12.75 charge?  I see another multi-billion dollar loss for this year.  I figure in just a short time, USPS will be canceled like one of their stamps and I see all us mail being moved by Amazon.  Wake up America, you're about to get bred.