Author Topic: Christmas  (Read 3563 times)

Greg Birky

• My Fotki
Christmas
« on: December 26, 2018, 10:04:52 AM »
Good morning gentlemen,  I hope that everyone had a Merry Christmas yesterday.  I believe that I received the best Christmas present that one could recieve...my wifewife, Kathy, went to be with her Savior, Jesus Christ yesterday morning.  It was great for me as well because she lived in pain her entire life but she has been set free.  Wow, what an awesome gift!!!  I'll find some time now to relax and BUILD or FINISH something.  I am okay because she is okay. :)
The “Ole Bench Racer” 

Greg Birky

Olderndirt

Re: Christmas
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2018, 10:49:50 AM »
Greg;

Glad you are in a good place with this. It’s so hard to watch a loved one in this no win situation. Been there done that. Have a happy new year.

Olderndirt

TarheelRick

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2018, 06:01:11 AM »
Greg, I know this had to be an awesome burden lifted from you.  But, our Savior works that way.  Please know you and your family are in my prayers that HIS comfort and peace will envelop you in this most difficult time.
When I win the Powerball I will switch to the real ones.

sentsat71

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2018, 07:28:10 AM »
Greg,

I cannot relate to what you have gone through with your wife , but I love how you're looking at things. 

Take time to let things get set for you.

Ed
sentsat71

PM sent......
Ed K.

BobD

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2018, 09:50:47 AM »
Greg - I am happy for both of you that she is finally free from pain.  I believe your Faith will truly sustain you through this difficult time. 

john2

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2018, 02:37:09 PM »
 The struggle for you both is now over.  My prayers and best wishes, Greg.  Looking forward to the future with you.
Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4

Greg Birky

• My Fotki
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2018, 02:26:22 PM »
Thank you all for the kind, loving words and encouragement.  Knowing what I know and the long haul this cancer trip has been I feel like I can begin to work on models again.  I ordered two 68 Chevelle's and a 69 Mustang to kind of get the creativity going again.  Of course Tom has kept me up on what he's doing so I'm really getting excited once again to become a builder and not just a bench racer.  I'm looking forward to actually going down to the shop later after Tom leaves.  He's coming over to help me move some furniture now that the hospital bed, wheelchair, etc. are gone I can begin to put the house back in order.  I want to sincerely thank you guys for your support throughout this three year long ordeal.  I'm really looking forward to being an active body on here once again.  Happy New Year to all you guys!!!😎👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻🏁
The “Ole Bench Racer” 

Greg Birky

john2

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2018, 08:11:52 PM »
 :)
Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4

sentsat71

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2018, 09:29:32 AM »
 :)
Ed K.