Author Topic: Back at the bench  (Read 2896 times)

PNWfrank

Back at the bench
« on: February 14, 2019, 08:12:58 PM »
I can sit at my work bench for the first time since Nov.30th. That was the fateful day that according to the paramedics I was "multitasking, walking and talking at the same time"  while going down our stairs. My heel caught on the stair nose and the next thing I knew I was laying on the landing two steps down from where I started, I also couldn't move my right lower leg. I managed to rip my quadricep tendon right off of the kneecap .So surgery followed by 6 weeks with my knee locked totally straight 24/7, man that gets old real fast. Fast forward to today, with PT and exercise I can now bend my knee to 70 deg. woohoo. Still on crutches, still can't drive but I can finally sit at my model bench.....

IMG_7220 by Franklin Davis, on Flickr

Dirtman

Re: Back at the bench
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2019, 10:02:14 PM »
Wow! Doesn't sound good. Glad things are coming around for you. Good to see you back at the bench!!

Rett

Bob P.

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2019, 07:34:09 AM »
I'm sorry to hear about your accident, but glad you are better and back to building.

Bob

Fordguy01

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2019, 01:02:10 PM »
Glad to hear that you are recovering and I can certainly identify with the straight leg for 6 weeks as I broke my left knee cap in a car accident and couldn't drive  for at least 4 weeks.  To drive I slid the seat back all the way laid across the front seat and carefully pulled my casted leg in the car sat up with the casted leg planted firmly on the toe board.  Than I could go out chasing skirts!

Al