Author Topic: WHERE ARE  (Read 3500 times)

john2

WHERE ARE
« on: March 01, 2019, 06:25:15 PM »
YOU ?  So  many guys so active in the past don't seem to be around anymore.  Things change  -- real life comes back into play, I guess.
Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4

Brian Conn

• Banned for the greater good
    • Alumilite Molding & Casting
Re: WHERE ARE
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2019, 09:30:57 PM »
   Here's a thought.....
  Why not send who ever you know who is M.I.A a P.M or e-mail.....say something like "Havent seen you on the forum in a while"   bet you will get some responses ;)  I know that I would appreciate something along those lines if I had not active for a while.
The only heroes in Washington are buried just outside of it in Arlington

john2

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2019, 06:25:56 AM »
Great idea, Brian.  I was thinking of going thru the member list and listing those I miss. 

I particularly miss John B, who built some really nice modifieds and late models.  He has never shown up here from Fred's.  James 2, Dr. Kerry,  421sd, and old Fred himself come to mind also.  All good builders.

TarheelRick

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2019, 06:58:20 AM »
Right now I am a lurker.  Recently had some much needed drainage work done in my basement and still have not got my work area rebuilt.  I do have a fenderless '53 Ford Convertible in work, whenever I can get back to the bench.
When I win the Powerball I will switch to the real ones.

Hondo

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2019, 04:14:12 PM »
I am sure that "our generation" is where most of today's builders are. (Certainly, no offense to the younger folks)
Yes, we are older, have health issues, life issues and as Frank Thomas says in those commercials....... motivation is tougher.
Do I miss building? Yes. I still have a hundred ideas rolling around in my head, there's always a new kit I want, but I'm up to about a dozen
started not finished, which is something I never used to do.
But......... Work gets hectic, then there's our place and my Mom-in-laws place to take care of, not to mention the 4 vehicles.
Pretty much just no time to build. I thought life would slow down the older I got. Nope !!
In the last couple years, I've gone to more races and really enjoyed that. I was in Florida for two weeks in February for work, home a week, went to Little Rock yesterday and fly to Gainesville next weekend for the 50th Gatornationals NHRA drag race.
That's my story.
I do always appreciate all the builds you guys contribute.
Maybe I'll finish another one someday..........

Oh and John2....... I do NOT know Kyle Busch or Joey Logano & I'm pretty happy about that.  ;)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 04:16:16 PM by Hondo »

john2

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2019, 06:32:59 PM »
Hondo  --  teehee.

I know, and 8 months of marriage have had me pretty busy too, but I think we are about to get settled in.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 06:35:29 PM by john2 »

Bill in MA

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2019, 01:14:44 PM »
I should apologize for not checking in and saying hello nor commenting on the great builds that have been posted.  Things are fine here I just seem to have lost interest in building.  I have a modified that I started like 8 months or so ago, and I will sit down very occasionally to trim flash or glue a couple of parts together, but I'm just not fired up about it. I still have passion for other endeavors - weightlifting, hiking, kayaking(when it warms up), we love hosting game/card nights with friends and get out to visit them as well - so it's not depression or anything like that which can cause someone to lose interest in things they once enjoyed.  Occasionally I will see a vehicle with a cool color combo that will make me think "that would make a great color scheme on a modified build" and I do have a few ideas kicking around but nothing seems to go anywhere or take flight.  This has happened before but this is by far the longest stretch of disinterest in building that I've had as it's been well over a year since I've completed a build.  Maybe sometime soon something will light a fire under my arse. Only time will tell.
Professional driver on closed course.  Do not attempt.

john2

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2019, 03:38:56 PM »
well, no apologies are necessary as we all have these times.  I expect you will be back around eventually.  But it is good to hear from you, and I still admire the pinto modified we collaborated on as it sits on my shelf.

Charlie.D

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2019, 05:21:13 PM »
I have been away from here also. Because of my shoulder  not wanting to build any thing at all. I have been lurking around. Some day went this shoulder get better I'll start building again. I will check in more offer and let you how I am doing okay
Charlie Daniel

john2

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2019, 08:20:14 PM »
Great Charlie.  We will see you in Memphis.

Bill in MA

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2019, 06:42:43 PM »
Yes sir, John that Pinto was quite the duet. :D

Good one, David!   ;)
Professional driver on closed course.  Do not attempt.