Author Topic: Flooding in S.E Neb. and Western Iowa  (Read 2532 times)

Brian Conn

• Banned for the greater good
    • Alumilite Molding & Casting
Flooding in S.E Neb. and Western Iowa
« on: March 20, 2019, 10:10:33 PM »
  I'm not that familiar where everyone calls home , but I do know that there are members here from the S.E Nebraska area and the state of Iowa.
  The record floods are devastating....both Nebraska and Iowa's Ag industry have taken a huge hit...both crop and livestock production...to make matters worse this is calving season.  My work takes me into S.E Nebraska and S.W Iowa...fortunately, the worse that I have had to deal with is impassable muddy country roads in the last couple of weeks.  Interstate 29, a major North/South highway thru the Midwest, is closed just North of St. Joseph, Mo.....I've heard that Interstate 80, a major East/West highway, is possibly closed West of Omaha.
  I'm pretty sure that even if your not directly impacted by the flooding, that someone you know or perhaps a family member or friends are.....needless to say, our thoughts and prayers are with everyone whose lives have been turned upside down with the flooding here in the Mid West.     
The only heroes in Washington are buried just outside of it in Arlington

sentsat71

Re: Flooding in S.E Neb. and Western Iowa
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2019, 08:22:21 AM »
I'm in the North Central part of Iowa. And yes this area has/is dealing with some flooding, but not like the areas Brian mentioned.

Over the years I have traveled across Nebraska, mostly on I-80, but have traveled on US Hwy 30 from Grand Island, NE and on into Iowa.....the last time on US 30 in NE was in 2007,  Came into NE on US 81 on my move back to IA in 2014, the East on I-80 and I-680 around Omaha to I-29 up to Missouri Valley, where I picked up US 30 as far as Dennison, IA, before meandering towards Fenton.....

it is very heart rending to see pics of all that is going on, primarily in NE.....
Ed K.

Fordguy01

Re: Flooding in S.E Neb. and Western Iowa
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2019, 10:52:05 AM »
Gentlemen, Living in Plattsmouth Ne I am right smack dab in the middle of the flooding.  I know of 2 friends who have lost their businesses due to the flooding and one of them does not have insurance.  My home is roughly 2 miles from the river and if the river did come up as far as my home I would be on the shallow side as my house is on a hill.  Highway 75 which is quite new was closed down from Thursday the 14th through Tuesday the 19th so we were landlocked for several days.  I have heard that the water levels were 3 feet higher than the flood of 2011.  Thoughts and prayers for those so negatively affected.

Al