Author Topic: Saying good bye to Winter.....finally  (Read 3628 times)

Brian Conn

• Banned for the greater good
    • Alumilite Molding & Casting
Saying good bye to Winter.....finally
« on: April 03, 2019, 10:38:40 PM »
The only heroes in Washington are buried just outside of it in Arlington

sentsat71

Re: Saying good bye to Winter.....finally
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2019, 08:00:04 AM »
But.......................

Will Mother Nature co-operate??   :o ::) :D ;D
Ed K.

Charlie.D

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2019, 01:30:08 PM »
That is very true
Charlie Daniel

john2

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2019, 07:52:29 AM »
I'd bet it was cold in those stands about 10 pm.  lol
Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4

Fordguy01

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2019, 02:14:48 PM »
Totally concur with you guys.  Got my first race in last Saturday night at I-80 speedway there was 32 late models, 26 360 sprints and 19 hobby stocks.  Good clean racing all night long 2 25 lap mains for the sprints and late models.  Only two cautions for the sprints and none for the late models and a 13 lap main event for the hobby stocks. I was on my way back home by 9:30.  Here it is Monday and my ears are still ringing.  BEEEEAAAAUUUUTIIIIFULLLL!

Al     

Lefturns75

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2019, 03:08:24 PM »
Well, like some of you I stopped by my long time friend and former drivers place to help with his Grandson's stocker.  I wont go into deep details but while driving a shaft out of a bearing I skillfully left my finger under a heavy hammer.  Tri-focals and some time away from the shop have dulled my skills a bit I reckon.  I yelled a lot, said some pretty bad words and moaned and groaned but I lived.  Doctor?  Nope.  I was not about to spend $180 for a office visit for some quack to tell me "Hey, you mashed your finger".  I spent the evening in the pits with my hand on top of my head---the only place I could keep it where it didnt feel like it would explode with each heart beat.  Saw a pretty good show and saw a lot of guys that reminded me of me in my younger days.  I had a good time, except for the finger thing and I find it funny now how I used to think all that was fun.  I would not trade any of my past experiences but I sure dont want to go through all of it again.  I'll stick to models and go karts. 

Hey David, see you the 20th?   You can give me the business about the finger if you wanna, It should be healed up some by then and I can SHOW ya!   It's the middle finger on the left hand! Hahahahehehe!

Brian Conn

• Banned for the greater good
    • Alumilite Molding & Casting
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2019, 07:41:23 PM »
Totally concur with you guys.  Got my first race in last Saturday night at I-80 speedway there was 32 late models, 26 360 sprints and 19 hobby stocks.  Good clean racing all night long 2 25 lap mains for the sprints and late models.  Only two cautions for the sprints and none for the late models and a 13 lap main event for the hobby stocks. I was on my way back home by 9:30.  Here it is Monday and my ears are still ringing.  BEEEEAAAAUUUUTIIIIFULLLL!

Al   
  If you ever get over to the track in Eagle, be sure and take a look behind the "EAST" Caseys at Hwy 34 and 1st street....sitting on the South side of the body shop is a late 60's Olds Toranado dirt stock car.....interesting to say the least.
The only heroes in Washington are buried just outside of it in Arlington

Fordguy01

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2019, 05:05:47 PM »
I live at Eagle on Saturday nights.  As a matter of fact my daughter sent me some money at Christmas so I can get another season pass for Eagle.  I did it last year and did not miss a race.  Have my ow reserved seat which is not too far from the hamburger and hot dog stand.  I will look for that car next time I go to Eagle.

Al

Hondo

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2019, 09:08:09 PM »
Well, racing around here is mostly the boat types this year.
I could hold a good hydro race in my back yard, it's so wet.

There was a really good chance I was going to Nashville on Sunday to see the 2019 version of the 2018 (rained out) All-American 400,
which was changed to a 300 lapper.
Then, I heard Kyle Busch was coming, so my chances of going dropped.
Today, they cancelled it already because.......... yep, you guessed it........ rain !!
That'll save 450 miles on my old truck.

I'll hold out for May 3rd now at Riverside Speedway in W. Memphis and the World of Outlaws sprint cars.
Pretty sure it'll rain this out as well, since it'll be their 3rd attempt dating back a year.

Hey, maybe I'll work on a model........  :)

sentsat71

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2019, 07:26:40 AM »
Winter is trying to make a comeback here in North Central Iowa.....strong winds.....cold.....rain....and now a little white stuff on the ground and roofs....good day to stay home.....
Ed K.