Author Topic: It's Official  (Read 3803 times)

TarheelRick

It's Official
« on: June 17, 2019, 07:01:48 AM »
For the past decade or so I have realized this day was coming.  Yesterday I turned 70, which makes me an official "Old Man".  All during my 60's I did not really give any thought to getting older.  Yes, my body would occasionally remind me I was no longer in my 20's or 30's and I did notice I was tiring a bit sooner.  But, now I am 70, which means I will have to build a minimum of 15 kits per year to clean my shelves, presuming I have 15-18 more years.  And that is also assuming I will not buy any more kits, fat chance on that happening.  Anyway, these are just some ramblings from an old man.
When I win the Powerball I will switch to the real ones.

john2

Re: It's Official
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2019, 07:22:17 AM »
Congrats Rick !  I am sure everyone  will tell their ages too, so I won't.  But I have a few on you. And I share all those feelings.

But now, I am thinking box stock and snap kits.  I am into quick and easy for everything these days.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY !  Build on, buddy.
Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4

Dirtman

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2019, 10:14:47 AM »
Well, I'm getting closer to 79 than I like. I've been slowing trying to wheedle my stuff down. (not working too well yet). I down sized and just don't have the space. I also don't build at the pace I used to. I don't do anything at the pace I used to, lol.  But....I'm still pretty happy with my life and I guess that's what's important.

Rett

Lefturns75

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2019, 11:03:54 AM »
Well Happy Birthday Rick!!!  Guess I must be the Young'un here at 63 but I understand, every joint and part of my body argues with me when I do something a 30 year old does.  I still enjoy ripping the go kart but it makes me feel like I got run over by a dump truck afterwards.  If I get on my head, it feels like I got run over by a freight train.   Stay young in your head, let the body gripe.   I hope you post here on your 89th and have a wonderful time in between so live it up young man!!!  I think I will pop a couple Aleve, find my bottle of Absorbine Jr. and go pull a motor out of a chevy pickup.   

Dirtman

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2019, 01:29:53 PM »
I mostly refer myself as "Vintage"!

Rett

David Bogard

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2019, 03:06:05 PM »
I'm a Classic Hit!
I appreciate people that actually build and post models.
https://public.fotki.com/DKBogard/

Fordguy01

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2019, 03:40:40 PM »
Happy B-Day Rick.  I turned 71 back in May and every day my body tells me something new and now I'm getting used to it  I can still get out and play some golf but not as often as I used to and at this stage I don't think it would behoove me to try and break horses again.  On the lighter side my "good" friends now refer to me as Old Al or old flatulent, old reprobate or just plain old man.  I don't care about those comments as I am still breathing and conscience and upright.  Try walking as it helps with the ticker and it helps to stay limber and just take life one-day-at-a-time.

Cheers Al

BobD

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2019, 05:03:58 PM »
Happy Birthday Rick!  I feel your pain!

Charlie.D

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2019, 12:59:57 PM »
Happy Birthday to Rick I feel your pain. I am 63 years old dealing with shoulder issues. I still trying to build stuff for different shows that I try to go to relax and forget about the pain in the shoulder.
Charlie Daniel

Hondo

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2019, 06:52:28 PM »
That's funny, David.......... No it's not. Unfortunately, it's all true for me too.
My favorite snack now is Aleve. Not much "kick" but it makes my old joints happy.

Happy Birthday, Rick.  My ol' Carolina friend !!

Well Happy Seven Zero! By the time I get used to how old I am, I'm ten years older than that! My back goes out more than I do! I stopped searching for the meaning of life a while back and now mostly search for my reading glasses and my car keys! My wild oats have turned into Bran Flakes! It takes me longer to rest than it did to get tired! I've been there and done that, I just don't recall much of what "that" was! I remember being able to get up without making sound effects. . . good times! Nobody told me that rigor mortis actually starts before you die!

Seriously, let's stop referring to "age" and let's start calling it "level". Hey, saying that "I am at Level 70" sure sounds a lot cooler than just being old!