Author Topic: hate new computer  (Read 3325 times)

steven

hate new computer
« on: November 14, 2019, 10:18:06 AM »
Ok I need a little help here. Everytime I take photos there going cyberspace and I might find one. Even though camera has a date, only some of the photos show up and there all under 1980-01 or 1980-01-01. What the heck does that mean. Wish I had my old computer back with windows 7 real easy to use. Now I am just totally lost. Thanks for letting me vent.
If you bought it a trucker hauled it.

I mind is a terrible thing to waste....has anybody seen mine??????

Brian Conn

• Banned for the greater good
    • Alumilite Molding & Casting
Re: hate new computer
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2019, 11:25:15 AM »
.............. Even though camera has a date, only some of the photos show up and there all under 1980-01 or 1980-01-01. What the heck does that mean. Wish I had my old computer back with windows 7 real easy to use.......
   I take it your operating on Windows 10 now.........not exactly looking forward to that myself , but the switch over date is all but here.
  The date of 1980-01 and 1980-01-01 is simply the factory default (Jan. 1980 and Jan. 1st 1980) see if you can enter a date either on the camera (which it stores and changes daily on its own) or you are allowed to enter a date when you down load from the camera to your pc.....should be a prompt where you can do that before doing the actual download. 
The only heroes in Washington are buried just outside of it in Arlington

john2

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2019, 06:43:11 AM »
If I did not love this hobby so much, I would get completely out of the computer business.
Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4

Brian Conn

• Banned for the greater good
    • Alumilite Molding & Casting
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2019, 05:08:23 PM »
 I'm going to make a very strong suggestion to the powers that be and make this thread into an unlocked, sticky as this will effect everyone running Windows at some point in time...... that way it wont get buried in the routine day to day postings.
 Those running either Linux or Mac are o.k ,safe of course. :)  We (Amy and myself) are still banging around with Windows 7.....

Yes, you can continue using Windows 7 even after January 14...what will happen is that on January 1st 2020 Windows 7 will stop giving updates and your IE 11 (Internet Explorer 11,which already comes in Windows 7 as an update ) will stop you from going to certain sites...as an example ,we would not be able to do online banking, so Amy installed the Google Chrome browser which we are currently using to alleviate that particular problem.  I view this web site with Google Chrome browser.

I.T professions have described Windows 10 as being wonky...hard to navigate...that's why it will be critically important for those in the forum to speak up and share what knowledge they have gained and share it with the rest of us so that we all can benefit.

Some time in 2020, Windows is going to launch another system.....unknown name at this time.  This system will mimic Millennium and XP thus making it more user friendly.  Amy and myself are going to wait it out until this system is launched before going all in and purchasing a new computer.

The best advise that I can give anyone at this time is to save what you have presently on your computer to a thumb drive...pictures as an example....as they cant be transferred directly from a Windows 7 unit to Windows 10 unit.  I have quite few pictures saved to the hard drive......more than some guys , not as many as some others...if you have quite a bit of information stored on your hard drive you will need a 1 Terabyte thumb drive to down load everything on to.  Windows 10 already has a 1 Terabyte storage.     

The only heroes in Washington are buried just outside of it in Arlington

Greg Birky

• My Fotki
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2019, 10:04:56 PM »
Hey Steven, I’ve got a desktop with Windows 10 and I avoid it like the plague so far...I mostly use my iPad and iPhone on here but I love my Windows 7 laptop at my model bench.  I didn’t upgrade when they offered free Windows 10 because it was several years old already at that time.  I’m going to use it as long as I can without security issues and I guess I’m going to have to learn Windows 10 along with y’all!  When I learn something helpful I’ll let you know!🏁
The “Ole Bench Racer” 

Greg Birky

TarheelRick

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2019, 06:31:29 AM »
I am also in the Windows 7 hold on until something better comes along camp.  I really enjoyed my XP and was bummed when 7 came along, but I have gotten used to it. I will try to hold out until Mr Gates decides he needs another $1 billion with a new upgrade.  Maybe they will listen to their customers and make it more user friendly.
When I win the Powerball I will switch to the real ones.