Author Topic: Jody Ridley Falcon Completed 12-10-2018  (Read 9392 times)

David Bogard

Jody Ridley Falcon Completed 12-10-2018
« on: September 19, 2018, 04:23:56 PM »
Okay, I am calling this the FedEx Falcon. Why? Long story. Short version- some "Jackwagon" stole my credit card number and was trying to buy things; I got alerted and the card was shut down. Then I had to wait for the replacement card and today was the day that FedEx was to deliver it "sometime between 8:00AM and 5:00PM". So I got up ready to go. . . and I waited at home. . . and I waited. So. . . I figured, what the heck, I'll scrounge around and I found an old T-Bird NASCAR kit and an old Falcon body that I have had for a long time that was kind of a mess with a bunch of air bubbles in the trunk, etc. I decided that since I was waiting, I will start building that Jody Ridley Falcon that I always intended to build.

I got the frame basics done; cut the frame down to shorten it and reinforced it; trimmed away a bunch of fat from the old NASCAR frame; trimmed down the firewall height; trimmed out the dash cap to lower it where it will need to be; fixed the bubbles in the resin; opened up the wheel wells; started getting the rear wheel well flares going and also started making my fuel cell. About then, the dog went crazy, the FedEx guy came and I got my new card.

I am now at work (about a day behind) but at least I got a little building done for part of the day!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 01:48:53 PM by David Bogard »
I appreciate people that actually build and post models.
https://public.fotki.com/DKBogard/

Tom Birky

• Administrator
Re: FedEx Falcon
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2018, 05:13:20 PM »
Nice start! What I would give for a FedEx day.....

Tb

spotter23

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2018, 07:55:40 PM »
Keep the info coming...…….very interested in this build, that's one that on my short list...…..AMT chassis correct?

Thanks
MG
"Looking Cheap Ain't Cool & Looking Cool Ain't Cheap

Brian Conn

• Banned for the greater good
    • Alumilite Molding & Casting
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2018, 09:34:59 PM »
.......Looks like you accomplished a bit on your part time build job......

And since YOU brought it up....I went thru the same thing with my credit card a couple of weeks ago, only difference was that Amy discovered 2 charges that I did not make and that the credit card company never would have suspected thus I wouldn't have been notified...call made to the credit card co., that card closed , new card issued.  Not pointing any fingers at anyone , but it was soon after using that card to make a purchase on Amazon that the fraud occurred.
  Why is it that my bank debit card requires a PIN# to use yet none of my credit cards require a PIN# to use?

Back to the topic at hand....another one of your builds that I'll be keeping an eye on. 
The only heroes in Washington are buried just outside of it in Arlington

bandit2026

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2018, 07:01:31 AM »
I see a piece of plastic sticking out from the spindles that is not from the kit. I have seen this on other models but can't really figure out the why or how this is done. Can you or someone explain?

bandit2026

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2018, 07:41:51 AM »
Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks. By the way, took the wife to AC Moore to do some shopping and thought I'd check out the models. They never have much for short trackers. I picked up a 68 Shelby, the green one and the box was damaged. I pointed it out to a clerk and she said she could discount it 75% I said sold. At check out I gave them my 50% coupon and bang got me a model for $4.

Dirtman

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2018, 03:23:38 PM »
Now you are shopping like my wife! Buys $50 worth of stuff for $14 or so.....then tells me she save $36.!! I tell her no, your spent $14, lol. Its a game we play. At any rate you got a good deal!

Rett

Olderndirt

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2018, 03:45:32 PM »
They sure don’t call you Bandit for nuthin’.

Olderndirt

Bob P.

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2018, 04:45:07 PM »
Looking good David,

This is going to be another cool build when finished, I'll keep my eye on this one.

Bob

Lefturns75

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2018, 06:10:40 PM »
David, I enjoy these builds and your creative thinking.  I have not seen very many that can take all the wrong parts and make it look RIGHT!!  You are a master at taking what you have and making what you want AND make it a believable representation.  That takes skill and I recognize that.  I also like it that you are a hands on builder and not a keyboard builder.  There are enough of them around.  Build on my man! I will have another one of my gloo bombs up soon.

Dr. Kerry

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2018, 09:04:11 AM »
Looking good David!!!
"Keep It In Scale"
       Dr. Kerry
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCq_FIdex0e1WNmv1lpQ-ZnQ

ARCA Guy

Re: 9-24 FedEx Falcon
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2018, 07:06:11 AM »
Hurry up and get that Falcon done already - ha! Great job so far, can't wait to see the finished product!

bandit2026

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2018, 02:04:02 PM »
 A talent that you and a few other modelers have is a vision of what its going to look like before you start. A lot of people can copy real cars just some do it neater than others. When I worked for a living I could take a set of plans and build a road but the guy who drew the plans had the talent.

Dirtman

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2018, 10:56:21 PM »
A talent that you and a few other modelers have is a vision of what its going to look like before you start. A lot of people can copy real cars just some do it neater than others. When I worked for a living I could take a set of plans and build a road but the guy who drew the plans had the talent.

Yeah, that sort of gets to me. I just start cutting and hacking until something comes out. Sometimes good, sometimes not so much.....lol. But I enjoy it and I guess that's what counts....

Rett

slim

• Lives in St. Louis, MO
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2018, 09:47:56 AM »

I agree, that is an important talent, I feel. Great fab work!