Author Topic: Got another "Carona" build done.  (Read 2624 times)

Dirtman

Got another "Carona" build done.
« on: April 26, 2020, 04:15:29 PM »
IMG_5349 by Rett Rundell, on FlickrIMG_5343 by Rett Rundell, on FlickrIMG_5354 by Rett Rundell, on FlickrIMG_5357 by Rett Rundell, on Flickr
Another "Carona" build done! '69 Mustang, 427CI, most everything scratch built. This would be reminiscent of early, mid, 70's in southeasten Wisconsin. Hope everyone likes it. Rett

Brian Conn

• Banned for the greater good
    • Alumilite Molding & Casting
Re: Got another "Carona" build done.
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2020, 10:26:18 PM »
...Another great looking Mustang build :)  What kind of orders/restrictions are you dealing with where you live?  Just asking as it is quite obvious that you have put your "staying at home" time to good use.
The only heroes in Washington are buried just outside of it in Arlington

Dirtman

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2020, 07:02:41 AM »
...Another great looking Mustang build :)  What kind of orders/restrictions are you dealing with where you live?  Just asking as it is quite obvious that you have put your "staying at home" time to good use.
Pretty much the same as most everyone else. Stay home as much as possible, wear gloves and masks when we do go out. Social distancing, etc. My wife has some lung and heart problems so she really stays in. We do hop on my Harley and go for a ride once in a while, don't meet people, just head near a body of water or something like that. We play 500 Rummy every day, two out of three, she's got me down 50 games to 37!!!! Hardest part is not seeing grandkids or my daughter.

Rett

sentsat71

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2020, 08:37:38 AM »
Another GREAT looking Mustang!!
Ed K.

Michael F

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2020, 03:01:44 PM »
W O W  8) 8)
Greetings from Germany!

Fordguy01

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2020, 10:56:45 PM »
Great job Rett.  I have seen many cars like this run at Capital Speedway in the late 60's early 70's before joining the Air Force.  Great job.

Al 

Dirtman

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2020, 07:13:15 AM »
Great job Rett.  I have seen many cars like this run at Capital Speedway in the late 60's early 70's before joining the Air Force.  Great job.

Al
Thanks man. Most of my fantasy cars are influenced by that era. I guess 'cause that's when I raced. Managed to race Capitol a couple times in '72. Didn't win, but ran strong. But then, I was running mostly a dirt car set. Used up a couple of sets of tires, lol. Loved running there, big difference from 1/4 and 1/3 dirt!!

Rett

Bob P.

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2020, 01:46:10 PM »
Really nice clean build. Looks very period correct.

Bob