Author Topic: Hello guys  (Read 3574 times)

Greg Birky

• My Fotki
Hello guys
« on: May 29, 2020, 02:58:36 PM »
Hello my modeling friends.  I guess it’s time to break my silence.  I have been diagnosed with luekemia which is progressing as my bone marrow blood production is losing ground day by day.   It’s too much to go into detail over and I’m too weak to answer questions...It’s been a great ride y’all but my modeling days are ended and the end is near for me.  I can’t answer questions as it’s taken nearly two hours to write this.  I’ve lived a good life and I’m right with Jesus and ready.  My last finished build was another AMT 2010 Corvette snap kit.  It turned out good and i miss building already.  I’ll never forget you guys.  Please, if you dont have a relationship with Jesus, now is the day of salvation. Never has it been more apparent than now that a relalationship with jesus is the. Only thing you’re leaving this world with.  The model cars aren't going with you
Hosted on Fotki
URL=https://public.fotki.com/bondoboy/amt-2010-corvette-s/1590781825151.html][/URL]Hosted on Fotki
[size=78%][/size][/url]Hosted on Fotki
63 Vette almost finished.  Hopefully Tom or my son will finish the 63.
Hosted on Fotki
The “Ole Bench Racer” 

Greg Birky

john2

Re: Hello guys
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2020, 09:22:53 PM »
Greg, thank you for letting us know.  Hard to know what to say.  You do have our prayers, thoughts, and best wishes.

Anne and I both have enjoyed knowing you through this forum, swapping thoughts, ideas, and pictures of models.  And your strong faith has been an inspiration to each of us as well.  We will look forward to meeting you in person one day. 

Anne and John
Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4

TarheelRick

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2020, 07:45:18 AM »
Greg this is tough news to hear.  I also have thoroughly enjoyed watching your builds come together.  However they are of little significance when compared to the life of a friend.  With Jesus by your side the trip may be rough, but the final journey will be glorious.  My prayers are with you that GOD's blessings will fill you these final days.
When I win the Powerball I will switch to the real ones.

sentsat71

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2020, 09:01:05 AM »
Oh wow, Greg.....words just escape me....
You are in my thoughts and prayers.....
Ed K.

Brian Conn

• Banned for the greater good
    • Alumilite Molding & Casting
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2020, 01:52:56 PM »
  This indeed is some hard news to handle....it is somewhat more comforting knowing that you are right with our savior, Christ Jesus , but still the news is numbing. 
  You where always one of the first to comment or give words of encouragement when I started a build.....you will never know just how much that meant to me as a builder.
  You are in our thoughts and prayers
                                       Brian & Amy
The only heroes in Washington are buried just outside of it in Arlington

Fordguy01

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2020, 10:53:50 PM »
Thoughts and prayers for you.

Al

Dirtman

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2020, 07:16:29 AM »
Hard to deal with this kind of message. Just know that you've been a good Facebook friend, you are in my thoughts, and you will be missed!! Bless you!
Rett

Dr. Kerry

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2020, 09:42:16 PM »
Holy wow Greg! Don’t know what to say with the news I’ve read from so many tonight!!! Keep positive and know that we are all thinking of you! Prayers are strong my brother!!
"Keep It In Scale"
       Dr. Kerry
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCq_FIdex0e1WNmv1lpQ-ZnQ