Author Topic: Still collecting kits  (Read 3097 times)

sentsat71

Still collecting kits
« on: July 12, 2020, 07:32:07 AM »
Since my brother is not coming back for the summer in our small home town, this means I get to mow his yard here in town all season long, and he's paying me to do so. So with, some of that $$$ in hand, I check out my three primary sources for kits: Model Roundup, Spotlight Hobbies, and Dean's Hobby Stop.
Couldn't believe my luck earlier this week.
Not only found the 1967 release of the Monogram Don Edmunds Supermodied,  but.......an original release of the Grant King sprint car kit, circa 1974/75....though decals were missing.
So for less than $60 for both kits, I now have them in my hands....

Ever so-o-o-o-o-o slowly I'm trying to talk myself in sitting down at the work table. Have shelved the '34 Ford P/U kits I had out, and dug out two of the GK frames, one started around 2006/07, and the never finished (on purpose) from the '70's, as well as one of the Supermod versions of the GK sprint kit, that I started taking apart in 1987....that also received some broken parts in all the moves made since 1987, especially the moves from CA to FL to NM to IA.....

Keep hoping that I can actually sit at the table one of these days....But first up, have some other projects going that i need to finish up first.
Not to mention some biographical writing.....just for the fun of it....though wouldn't mind trying to actually write a book about my boring life....that thought was inspired ny somreone I know whio did just that. What I found interesting in the way he wrote it. he did not necessarily put it  together in chronological order, but by topic.

A little teaser:  How does an 18 year old kid move from his small North Central Iowa home to the Los Angeles, CA Metro area by himself?

Ed
sentsat71
Ed K.

john2

Re: Still collecting kits
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2020, 10:52:04 AM »
Well, you could glue one piece a day.
Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4

sentsat71

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2020, 09:57:24 AM »
Now there's a thought!!
Thanks, John2
Ed K.

john2

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2020, 12:36:54 PM »
It only takes a few minutes of your day. 
Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4