Author Topic: I'm so sick of this stupid Virus  (Read 3050 times)

Charlie.D

I'm so sick of this stupid Virus
« on: August 09, 2020, 08:51:46 PM »
We are not able to have any model shows. I've built plenty of different models and no where to show them off to be at a show. So I'm quit building for a while.
Charlie Daniel

john2

Re: I'm so sick of this stupid Virus
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2020, 09:06:53 PM »
Yeah.  We can't do much of anything.  Anne and I are going to have " The Winter Games."  Best 2 of 3 dominoes, Yahtzee, and Scrabble.  Best 2 of 3 overall is the champion. 
Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4

Dirtman

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2020, 10:01:36 PM »
I'm still building, slowly! However since we are talking about games (John), my wife and I play 3 games of 500 Rummy just about every day. She has me 143 to 93!! I hate this game! But, she gets bored pretty easy, so I play! I do not like to lose at anything! LOL I'd rather have surgery!!

Rett

Fordguy01

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2020, 10:31:39 PM »
I understand where you're coming from.  I'm sick of it also but I still get out with my buddies for golf and an occasional breakfast plus I'm still building and that helps take the edge off since my wife's passing.

Al

Brian Conn

• Banned for the greater good
    • Alumilite Molding & Casting
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2020, 09:51:44 PM »
.....I hear ya Charlie......a couple of the members of model club that I belong to had talked me into taking the '55 Ford street stock that I have been working on this Summer to another club in the Kansas City areas model show next month...found out tonight the show has been cancelled due to the china virus...I was curious to see how well the '55 would have faired against some other builds.
  On the good side it was decided tonight that our club would have its own show early in Nov. to some what make up for what isn't happening next month elsewhere.   
The only heroes in Washington are buried just outside of it in Arlington

steven

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2020, 02:56:38 PM »
I have been out and about without mask along with wife and kids. My theory is if going to get its going to happen. Finally having a model meeting Saturday but told need to wear masks and keep 6 ft. apart. Debating on going. Only good thing is I get to keep pissing off the nurses and doctors. They dont follow there own rules and fun to point out the mistakes they make.
If you bought it a trucker hauled it.

I mind is a terrible thing to waste....has anybody seen mine??????

Charlie.D

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2020, 09:31:28 AM »
We have to wear a mask anytime you go out to grocery store plus other places also . I went to model meeting with my mask . It was nice to see my other fellow clubs members.
Charlie Daniel