Author Topic: Droste Convertible Completed  (Read 6154 times)

Hondo

Re: Droste Convertible Completed
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2019, 01:16:49 PM »
Never saw these types race, but they had to be cool.

Great job, making this one happen, Bob !!
Neat !!

Bob P.

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2019, 01:33:22 PM »
Very nice replica build Bob. You have a lot of nice detail in this build.

Tom, Thanks for posting the history of this car and driver.

Bob

BobD

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2019, 11:00:06 PM »
THANKS Brian, Tom, John2, RandB11, Dirtman, TarheelRick, Slim, David, ARCA Guy, sentsat71, ModelCarMan AKA Ricky, Olderndirt, Hondo, and Bob P !!!  You are all TOO GENEROUS!  I think the pics must've turned out better than the real thing!  Anyway, I greatly appreciate all your comments - they took away some of my frustrations!!  Thanks Tom for the interesting history of the car!

Marty W

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2019, 02:56:21 AM »
I love what you did with this car! I appreciate when builders do something like this that isn't modeled that often, at least in my experience. Beautiful build with really nice detailing. I give it an 11.

Greg Birky

• My Fotki
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2019, 07:08:58 AM »
Bob, WOW, I remember when that car was brand new and I believe your replica is very well done and it definitely captures the look of the real one!!!  Don’t be hard on yourself because that’s how we learn and improve our skills.  I would certainly be proud to have a model such as this one in my collection so I would say “ be proud of your Droste 57 Chevy convertible” and display it proudly with your other excellent builds!!!  You da man and you have a well done replica that most likely no one else has!!!
The “Ole Bench Racer” 

Greg Birky

BobD

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2019, 09:59:35 PM »
Thanks Marty & Greg!  I think the key to building is to improve AND STILL HAVE FUN at the same time......as we all know, trying to achieve this balance can become VERY frustrating at times.