News:

Welcome to Short Track Models!

Main Menu

58 Chevy Sportsman

Started by slim, September 25, 2017, 04:48:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slim

An older build, but still fond of it. Cleaned it up, did some repairs, changed to wide dirt tires, added a wind and radiator screen. 409 powered on a 57 Chevy chassis.
Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki

Dirtman

john2

:)Very nice, Slim.  I really like the blue and silver colors.
Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4

TarheelRick

Beautiful Chevy.  Has that nasty look to it.  Losing the front bumper/grille takes about a ton of weight off it and adds to the overall aggressive look.
When I win the Powerball I will switch to the real ones.

sentsat71

Great looking '58 Chevy!!

But, how did the '58 body fit on a '57 frame??? 
didn't think the '57 frame was long enough for a '58 body......?
Just wonderin'!  :)
Ed K.

slim

Thanks for the comments, fellas, the wheel base is 2" difference. 57 is 115" and the 58 is 117". I just fudged on the wheel wells.
Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki

Big Orange

Another great build from Slim's sable
My worst day of building STILL beats my best day at work !!

Charlie.D

That is really sharp looking build that you have done Slim
Charlie Daniel

sentsat71

Thanks Slim for the info on the frame length differences!

Brought back memories of seeing a '58 Chevy as a street stock back in 1970/71 season at the Fairmont Speedway, along with other "large" bodied cars
Check out the photos of those 2 years at www.fairmontspeedwayarchives/com (That's where I go to "refresh" my memories of back then.... :-D )
Ed K.

Dr. Kerry

Ooooohhhhh,,,,, Me Likey!!!!!!!! ;)
"Keep It In Scale"
       Dr. Kerry
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCq_FIdex0e1WNmv1lpQ-ZnQ

Bob P.

Very nice build Slim, well done.

We didn't see many Fifty Eights racing in our area. Everyone was using 55, 56 and 57 cars.

Bob

David Bogard

Same here Bob. The 58's were sometimes used to tow the cars and the parking lot had plenty of them.  ;D  You managed to make this into a good looking race car Slim and I like it a lot. I've got an old 58 build in a pile somewhere and maybe one day I will turn it into a Saturday Nighter!
I appreciate people that actually build and post models.
https://public.fotki.com/DKBogard/

slim

58's with the x frame didn't handle well, I understand. That was my logic to using the 57 chassis. I love that old body style. Someday I will b
aquirre a Biscayne body!

Greg Birky

Very nicely done, Slim!!!  I believe yours is the cleanest, most beautiful 58 Impala I've ever laid eyes on as a stock car!!! 🤗👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻🏁
The "Ole Bench Racer" 

Greg Birky

slim