Author Topic: 1939 Red Vogt prepared Ford  (Read 12967 times)

David Bogard

Re: 1939 Red Vogt prepared Ford
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2017, 03:58:22 PM »
Yep, I just stumbled upon the video doing some research because your build had piqued my interest so much. It turns out you couldn't have gone wrong any way you went but how you did turned out to be spectacular!
I appreciate people that actually build and post models.
https://public.fotki.com/DKBogard/

MarkJ

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2017, 07:07:06 AM »
Yep, I just stumbled upon the video doing some research because your build had piqued my interest so much. It turns out you couldn't have gone wrong any way you went but how you did turned out to be spectacular!

Thanks, David. One of the cars in the video had a little red on it so I'm hoping maybe this one was red although now I'm starting to think it was gray where I have it red. Doesn't matter, it was a fun build. That silver 4 door at the beginning of the video really looks cool. It doesn't look like a Ford. I wonder what it is.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 07:15:42 AM by MarkJ »

MarkJ

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2017, 07:37:48 AM »
I did some research and I think that silver car is a 1940 or 41 Graham Hollywood sedan. Probably no chance of finding a model of it.

Olderndirt

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2017, 08:52:07 AM »
It might be easier than you think, to build a forty, or forty-one Graham-Paige. The body panels were salvage from the defunct Cord automobile production. So basically they were a Cord with a restyled front end, and a Graham -Paige drive train.
 And there boys, and girls, is another worthless piece of information that is plugging up my old brain.

Olderndirt

slim

• Lives in St. Louis, MO
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2017, 12:51:32 PM »
Mark, this is really a great, great build. Hats off to your profound modeling skills and patience!

MarkJ

« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2017, 03:09:10 PM »
It might be easier than you think, to build a forty, or forty-one Graham-Paige. The body panels were salvage from the defunct Cord automobile production. So basically they were a Cord with a restyled front end, and a Graham -Paige drive train.
 And there boys, and girls, is another worthless piece of information that is plugging up my old brain.

Olderndirt

Hey, Older. Its not worthless to me. I find it extremely interesting. I don't know what it is, but this car looks awesome to me. Especially the suicide front doors.

MarkJ

« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2017, 03:10:33 PM »
Mark, this is really a great, great build. Hats off to your profound modeling skills and patience!

Thanks, Tom. I really appreciate the props.

gator

« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2017, 08:18:35 PM »
Beautiful car. Those old coupes make pretty racers. I have a full sized 47 coupe race car that I redid quite a few years ago.
Jackie Sims Race Car Models