Other > Non Short Track

1 of my few attempts at building street car model 70 gtx convertible

<< < (2/2)

sentsat71:
Very nice looking build!

Maineboy:
Mike,

Guess I should have read your first post a little closer. I thought that color was good and see why now. I just loved those cars. I think that was Chrysler's best decade.  I wanted a Road Runner real bad and they were not that expensive. But I had just got married in April 68 and my budget did NOT include a Road Runner. The RR's only had a 383 in them but that was pretty good, I had one in a 65 Ply Fury II at the time, ex police cruiser, and it went real good. My pals and I missed something  back then. We called cars with automatic trannies "slush buckets" that only girls drove. We missed completely, for a while, that Dick Landy and many others were doing things with those slush buckets we could not match with any 4 spd. To start with the auto only has to shift twice while the 4 spd shifts three time. The auto shifted hydraulically and was modified to change gears when you moved the lever, instantly. A young fellow from Alberta Canada brought an old dodge dart to Hot Rod's drag week a couple yrs back. Had a hemi with two turbos on it, dynoed at 2000 HP in racing trim. Yet a modified GM TH 400 could withstand that kind of power. Got to love the field engineering that goes into such things.

That Dodge Coronet RT that a friend bought I saw the first night he had it. Paint was silver and under the street lights it looked a foot deep. And wouldn't that car go. Oh my. heart would never stand that stuff now though it might be fun to try. See if I can still shift a 4 spd like I used to. Haha  Some things will never grow old.

MB

MarkJ:
Wow, Looks awesome, George. I find that doing street cars is a lot harder than race cars.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version