Other > Non Short Track

1974 Bobby Unser IROC Camaro

<< < (2/4) > >>

Duane Garner:
What a cool build! Sometimes the research is as much fun as the building of the model. You've done a great job, you should be proud. Also, it's a timely build with the passing of Al on December 9th

MarkJ:

--- Quote from: Duane Garner on February 01, 2022, 04:21:00 PM ---What a cool build! Sometimes the research is as much fun as the building of the model. You've done a great job, you should be proud. Also, it's a timely build with the passing of Al on December 9th

--- End quote ---

Yes, the passing of Bobby, who was my favorite Indy car driver, made me realize I had never done a build of one of his cars, and since he won a championship in this basically a stock car, which is what I do, I decide it was time to do a car that he competed in.  Some people might not realize that he did, because early IROC was pretty obscure.

Duane Garner:
Not much the Unser Family hasn't raced. My favorite CART driver was Al Unser, Jr. Again, nice work!

Brian Conn:
  ...Read your thread's that you linked to....I was never made to realize just how basic of an IROC stock car those era of Camaros where until now. I had no idea that Dave Marcis, Jim Sauter and Dick Trickle set the cars up.  Definitely it was an all driver race and not so much the the car.  Incredible build and thanks for sharing your research.

Duane Garner:
Been following the SRX series? It's basically the reincarnation of IROC with equally prepared cars, superstar drivers at historically traditional tracks. I like the added twist of dirt tracks and adding a local track personality into the mix. I've been gathering up parts, pieces and kits to build a model of one, probably do the prototype instead of a particular driver

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version