Author Topic: Photo Buck...  (Read 3434 times)

James2

Photo Buck...
« on: July 08, 2017, 01:00:34 AM »
So apparently I too have been put in a hostage situation! It appears my photos are being ransomed for personal gain. And unless I can find a way to rescue them, I'm afraid they are doomed. I refuse to pay!!! Especially since this is being done in such an under handed way.
Had they approached me and asked for a fee to use the service I would be happy to pay for it. But to trap my photos in cyberspace and demand payment/upgrade I would rather leave them where they are and let PB care for them forever!
Kind of like leaving .02 cents in a checking account so the bank spends more money tracking the account than the fee it would get for your usage. LOL

So I am sorry to say I will not be able to post any more models from PB until this issue is resolved. And to PB I say,
"If you heard the shot, it wasn't me"
"Days are neither good nor bad, they are what you make of them."

Rich Sipos

Re: Photo Buck...
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2017, 07:47:57 AM »
PB has been a PIA for a couple of years but now they are out right ------- ! What you can do is down load all your pictures back to your computer. I just finished mine and trying to decide which photo hosting site to use. Good luck.
 Rich

sentsat71

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2017, 02:09:41 PM »
Rich...

thanks for the tip about posting pics back to computer.....just hope I have no trouble with the pics as they were originally uploaded to Windows 7 and i now have a Linux operating system, which I've found out does not like pics that were downloaded onto CD's. Was able to down load some pics from one CD, but others it would not recognize any of them. But took  them to a computer with Windows and they still opened....
wonder if transferring these pics to a flash drive if that would make things different.....

Oh, the PB pics are all I have left of some of what was on my old computer before it crashed and burned.....
Ed K.

Rich Sipos

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2017, 08:21:53 AM »
To down load back to your computer from PB you go in as if you were uploading a picture to a forum. In the boxes on the right there is a box to down load album, click on it. Then a window opens asking if you are human answer the questions then hit the down load box. If it is a smaLL DOWNLOAD another down load box opens click it  should take you back to your computer there you will have to put them were you want them.
 Rich

sentsat71

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2017, 08:34:11 PM »
Rich said:
To down load back to your computer from PB you go in as if you were uploading a picture to a forum. In the boxes on the right there is a box to down load album, click on it. Then a window opens asking if you are human answer the questions then hit the down load box. If it is a smaLL DOWNLOAD another down load box opens click it  should take you back to your computer there you will have to put them were you want them.

Guess nearly 400 pics is not a small download. Tried it the way described above. but either I did something wrong or that was too many pics. Noticed an email from PB support that the down load was going to be available for 12 hours, but around 10 hours later, it couldn't be found....
Trying to get the pics from PB to a folder on computer...not sure if operating system could be an issue since I'm not using Windows or MAC....

Just wondering....thanks
Ed K.

sentsat71

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2017, 11:00:44 AM »
Thanks for that idea, David!
Ed K.

Dirtman

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2017, 05:32:13 PM »
Fortunately, I have all of my build pictures already saved on my computor. Just a couple of things to get off of Photobucket. And, I did it David's way! Worked good. Now I've got to figure out which way I want to go in the future. Who thinks they have the easiest way? I'm not real swift with this computor work so I want to KISS (kEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID). My motto! LOL

Rett

sentsat71

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2017, 05:44:21 PM »
I had my pics on my computer too.....but that one crashed and died last Nov....lost everything....took me a while to get hooked back up to PB, between new computer and different name and password for it....such is life.....  :)
Ed K.

Marty W

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2017, 02:21:19 AM »
Good idea, David. Now to find another site for pic storage.

Dirtman

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2017, 07:21:59 AM »
I had my pics on my computer too.....but that one crashed and died last Nov....lost everything....took me a while to get hooked back up to PB, between new computer and different name and password for it....such is life.....  :)

Guess I'm a little anal with this stuff, I've also go them all saved on a thumb drive. Rett