Author Topic: Missed  (Read 3069 times)

Greg Birky

• My Fotki
Missed
« on: September 16, 2017, 07:27:37 PM »
Hey guys, I'm just now realizing just how many great builds as well as other things that I've missed during this downtime.  Please forgive me if I fail to compliment or encourage anyone as I sure don't mean too.  I'm still purty full of these nasty chemo meds and fairly weak as well but I'm beginning to regain some desire to build again in fact I spent a couple of hours at the bench today working on a 67 Chevelle pro touring car.  I hope to get working on some dirt cars soon as well...well, I'll get caught up sooner or later.  Great stuff going on here, fellers!!!  If you got your ears on, Rett, love to know how you're doing since the hurricane!!!🤗
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 10:11:18 PM by Greg Birky »
The “Ole Bench Racer” 

Greg Birky

john2

Re: Missed
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2017, 07:54:48 PM »
 :)  So glad you are almost back to par.  And that you are getting back into building. 

Hoping too, that Rett and his family are ok.

Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4

Big Orange

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 08:11:53 PM »
Good to hear you're finding your 'set up' to run up front again Greg. My brother tells me that treatment can sure work you over......stay strong !!
My worst day of building STILL beats my best day at work !!

Dirtman

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2017, 10:18:44 PM »
I'm doing good Greg. Thanks for asking. We dodged a bullet here. That cotton pickin' thing was headed straight for our house. Veered off about 50 miles south of us and missed us by 30 to 50 miles. We were without power a couple of days. Didn't lose any food and only had one big branch hanging down from a tree in back of the house. I was able to fly out and go to the Hales Corners Speedway Reunion in Milwaukee with my son. Had a ball talking to some old racing friends from over 40 years ago!! The flight was my sons birthday present for my 77 th birthday......had a ball...

Rett

Dr. Kerry

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2017, 09:09:37 AM »
Hey guys, I'm just now realizing just how many great builds as well as other things that I've missed during this downtime.  Please forgive me if I fail to compliment or encourage anyone as I sure don't mean too.  I'm still purty full of these nasty chemo meds and fairly weak as well but I'm beginning to regain some desire to build again in fact I spent a couple of hours at the bench today working on a 67 Chevelle pro touring car.  I hope to get working on some dirt cars soon as well...well, I'll get caught up sooner or later.  Great stuff going on here, fellers!!!  If you got your ears on, Rett, love to know how you're doing since the hurricane!!!🤗

Glad your doing well Greg!!!!! Wishing ya the best!!!!!!!! Hey Kemps is on October 7th in Cedarville at the Center where Scott has his show!!!!!! If ya feel up to a drive it'd be a kool place to bring your kool customs and show them off!!!!! Frank, Marty, Les and the crew will be there!!!!!!! Juss' Sayin', LOL!!!!!!!!!
"Keep It In Scale"
       Dr. Kerry
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCq_FIdex0e1WNmv1lpQ-ZnQ

Greg Birky

• My Fotki
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2017, 02:09:06 PM »
Hi, Kerry!!!  Glad life is still going okay for you and I'm praying that Lily is doing well these days.  I'd love to come but I haven't renewed my Kemps membership in a couple of years and...surprise, surprise...we have committed to a family reunion on that day in Des Moines for my wife's side of the fam.  I still tire very easily but I'm doing better day by day.  I should be back to normal by March.  Oh, by the way, ct scan showed no evidence of any further cancer.  I have several projects in the works for March in Cedarville so I hope to catch up with you then if not before somewhere along the road.  It's been a tough few years but we're finally getting slowly back to some resemblance of a normal life.  Nice chatting with you doc and we'll see yah in the pits real soon.🤗👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻🏁

P.S.  I'm trying to figure out how to get Steven from the Chicago area and Ed K. and Bob D. from northern Iowa and Waterloo, Iowa over to Cedarville in March.  I'm really hoping to figure this one out before then.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 02:13:55 PM by Greg Birky »
The “Ole Bench Racer” 

Greg Birky

Dr. Kerry

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2017, 09:11:15 AM »
Hi, Kerry!!!  Glad life is still going okay for you and I'm praying that Lily is doing well these days.  I'd love to come but I haven't renewed my Kemps membership in a couple of years and...surprise, surprise...we have committed to a family reunion on that day in Des Moines for my wife's side of the fam.  I still tire very easily but I'm doing better day by day.  I should be back to normal by March.  Oh, by the way, ct scan showed no evidence of any further cancer.  I have several projects in the works for March in Cedarville so I hope to catch up with you then if not before somewhere along the road.  It's been a tough few years but we're finally getting slowly back to some resemblance of a normal life.  Nice chatting with you doc and we'll see yah in the pits real soon.🤗👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻🏁

P.S.  I'm trying to figure out how to get Steven from the Chicago area and Ed K. and Bob D. from northern Iowa and Waterloo, Iowa over to Cedarville in March.  I'm really hoping to figure this one out before then.

Not sure if I'll make Scott's show as it's a week after Kemps. Not even sure I'll make Kemps, money is tighter than a.......well you know!!!!!!! We'll catch up again soon I hope!!!!! Maybe next go around in the spring, Kemps is towards Iowa side and would be closer for ya to drive!!!!!
"Keep It In Scale"
       Dr. Kerry
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCq_FIdex0e1WNmv1lpQ-ZnQ