Author Topic: Still a Few Around  (Read 2231 times)

john2

Still a Few Around
« on: November 25, 2017, 09:05:28 AM »
 :)  We have talked a number of times how racing has become too expensive for us to see cars outside, or  even many on open trailers.

On my trip last week to Marietta, Ga.  I went  by a place that had 5 parked outside.  I flew by, and then turned around to  go back for a better look.  (  I know you guys never do that. )

All were dirt cars. One was an all out late model,  2 others seemed to  be somewhat homemade late models of lessor seriousness,  one was a mini stock of some sort, and one a bodyless chassis.

Two were 99, one 28, and the other with a body, no number.

This was on Ga. Hwy 120 near Draketown.   I have no idea where their track is, but maybe some of you Georgia guys might.  This was west of Atlanta, and east of the Alabama line.

So, I guess there are a few left.
Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4

Gary Davis

• "LIVE"....from Tacoma Washington.
Re: Still a Few Around
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2017, 01:12:38 PM »
Man John....sure would've been REALLY cool if you shot a few pics of them. At least you got to see them.
"Man...I love the smell of Methonal and Dirt in the morning. Then....Methonal and Asphalt in the afternoon is GOLDEN also."

john2

Re: Still a Few Around
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2017, 03:51:00 PM »
 :)  Gary, I did not take my camera.  Also it was on two lane, hilly, with mail boxes, and traffic, so I did not do more than a quick pull over to look.

I will remember where it was so if I go that way again, maybe I can do that.
Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4