Author Topic: Rare if Ever Kits  (Read 3628 times)

john2

Rare if Ever Kits
« on: December 03, 2017, 03:22:11 PM »
 :)  I am stealing this from another forum, but what subject matter would you  like to see in kit form  that we don't have ?

I don't remember the exact year, but I would love to build a cube van from the years just before the short track guys went to closed trailers.  I think you know the ones I mean.  With all the stuff in the van, and the racer on an open trailer sometimes under a tarp.

Mark Jeffries scratch built one several years back  that I thought was just super. 

Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4

Greg Birky

• My Fotki
Re: Rare if Ever Kits
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2017, 04:11:48 PM »
I would love to see a fresh, new 68/69 Chevelle by Revell or Moebius!!!  Seems about time for an updated kit.😎👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻🏁
The “Ole Bench Racer” 

Greg Birky

Charlie.D

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2017, 08:05:46 PM »
How about 67/72 chevy truck as a tow vechile
Charlie Daniel

Olderndirt

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2017, 07:29:30 AM »
Forty Mercury coupe. I actually owned a super rare .40 Merc. Convertible kit when I was a kid, but it was way beyond my skills set back then, and I screwed it up.

Hungry Horse

sentsat71

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2017, 08:23:05 AM »
Charlie D said:
How about 67/72 chevy truck as a tow vechile

I found 2 AMT/Ertl '72 Chevy Fleetside P/U's, one has issue date of 1995 and the other has 2005 as a release date.
But don't remember where I got them.
Though guessing 1995 issue might had been bought through a source online. And the 2005 issue could have been bought at a LHS in Albuquerque....

Only other shot for those years of Chevy P/U's would be the just as hard to find these days, the "Dukes of Hazzard" "Cooter's Tow Truck" as that is based on the 1972 MPC Chevy P/U which could be built as a stock P/U of the tow truck version....I know....I had that kit back then.....

Me.....I still waiting for R2?AMT/MPC to reissue the old MPC '71 Chevy P/U with the Wedge hauler option....
Yeah, I know that Wedge hauler was issued with the Camper a few years ago, but the '72 Chevy P/U kits issued around the years mentioned above, did not have the frame marked where the second rear axle went, neither in the P/U kits or the Wedge Hauler kit. So, ended up selling the Wedge hauler/Camper kit.
Ed K.

jlhboys1969

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2017, 11:57:46 AM »
I would love to see revell bring back the 1/16 swamp monster and amt bring back bigfoot one, and ASA kits for the ones like me that really could not scratch build chassis