Author Topic: Disappointed In PoleCat Decals  (Read 3871 times)

spotter23

Disappointed In PoleCat Decals
« on: September 08, 2020, 05:12:33 PM »
I ordered 4 different sheets of decals from PoleCat in April, after 6 weeks of waiting I sent 2 emails to ask about a possible shipping date. The first was unanswered so I sent the 2nd and received a response in about a week, the reply was they were going out that week and the China Virus was to blame. Not exactly sure why a virus prevented printing and mailing decals but they did arrive about 8 weeks after the initial order.

The envelope looked to be stabbed multiple times with a dull icepick......the interior of the envelope had NO cardboard, NO foam, NOTHING to protect the decals. Even the enclosed business cards, which are thicker material were dented. I have sent these same attached photos to Mike at PoleCat on 2 occasions over the past 2 months (they were delivered in late July).....no response whatsoever. I don't know that the decals will come apart, I just want a guarantee they will stand behind what they produce and an explanation why they use NO protection for the products. To date their customer service sucks.
IMG_4953 by James Gregory, on Flickr
IMG_4952 by James Gregory, on Flickr
IMG_4951 by James Gregory, on Flickr
IMG_4950 by James Gregory, on Flickr
"Looking Cheap Ain't Cool & Looking Cool Ain't Cheap

Tom Birky

• Administrator
Re: Disappointed In PoleCat Decals
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2020, 05:59:22 PM »
Wow! It doesn't take much effort to slide a piece of cardboard in there. Looks like the postal machines had their way with it.

Tb

TonyK

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2020, 09:50:49 AM »
Very strange for this to happen especially when the outfit specializes in decals. Seems they would have a perfected way in sending them. I have looked over the website before looking for some unique decals but never ordered any. This experience you've shared with us could really hurt their business.

steven

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2020, 09:17:18 PM »
This sucks. They should of replied by now. I remember you posting on another site about this. I have looked over there and was thinking of ordering but if they cannot reply to a customer makes me wonder. Maybe I am better of getting them made by someone else. I send a lot of decals and I use cardboard and mark the package photos this way they have to hand scan them and not use the machines. Tracking on them even if its a $3.00 decal I treat like a $20.00 decal.
If you bought it a trucker hauled it.

I mind is a terrible thing to waste....has anybody seen mine??????

David Bogard

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2020, 02:45:52 PM »
Maybe give Mike a call. He has always been really good to deal with so there may be some things going on in his life that are causing problems for him right now. I'm not sure that killing him on Forums is a helpful thing to do. At the end of the day, they are simply decals.
I appreciate people that actually build and post models.
https://public.fotki.com/DKBogard/

bandit2026

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2020, 05:19:41 AM »
I bet you still use them, If you don't send them to me I'm with David quit bashing on a public forum.

Gary Davis

• "LIVE"....from Tacoma Washington.
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2020, 07:03:39 PM »
Well....I don't see him "BASHING" at all. He paid good money for a product and it was a pain in the butt on his transaction. I've dealt with Mike myself and had no problems but...there's always that first one. Not answering emails is not a good thing in any business. Especially in the cottage industry. Also...at the end of the day...when you pay for a product...you expect to get it with NO hassels. No mater what it is.
"Man...I love the smell of Methonal and Dirt in the morning. Then....Methonal and Asphalt in the afternoon is GOLDEN also."

Brian Conn

• Banned for the greater good
    • Alumilite Molding & Casting
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2020, 10:32:28 PM »
Well....I don't see him "BASHING" at all. He paid good money for a product and it was a pain in the butt on his transaction. I've dealt with Mike myself and had no problems but...there's always that first one. Not answering emails is not a good thing in any business. Especially in the cottage industry. Also...at the end of the day...when you pay for a product...you expect to get it with NO hassles. No mater what it is.
  DITTO.....
  I use feed back like this to determine how and where I will be spending my disposable income....whether its a few bucks or a few thousand , I take things like this into consideration.  If this is an isolated incident , and lets hope that it is, it will be long forgotten before too long by anyone who either read this or responded.
  Its quite apparent that the U.S. postal services antiquated sorting and handling equipment is to blame here, but still that doesn't excuse the fact that no additional protection was used. 
The only heroes in Washington are buried just outside of it in Arlington

Bob P.

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2020, 08:08:26 AM »
As David mentioned above, why don't you call Mike on the phone. I feel sure Mike will stand behind these decals if there not usable.
I've bought some decals from him and if I had any problems he took care of the issues. Sometimes he is a little slow to answer emails. If so, call him on the phone.

Bob