Author Topic: Greg Birky  (Read 6916 times)

Tom Birky

• Administrator
Greg Birky
« on: June 21, 2017, 05:24:29 PM »
Just found out board member Greg is in the hospital for blood clots in his legs and lungs. Apparently a side effect of chemo. Sounds like they're installing a filter to catch them and hopefully going home tomorrow. Get well soon Greg! Sending prayers and hope you get back to carving plastic soon.  ;)

john2

Re: Greg Birky
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2017, 05:47:34 PM »
 :)  Prayers, thoughts, and best wishes, Greg.  Hope you get to go home tomorrow, and will be feeling much better.  We need you here with us. 
Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4

sentsat71

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2017, 05:56:56 PM »
Thoughts and prayers going out for you............................
Ed K.

Bob P.

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2017, 06:09:20 PM »
Greg, I will be praying for you. I hope you get home soon and start feeling better.

Bob

Prostreeter69

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2017, 10:52:14 PM »
Hope you get to feeling better Greg! Prayers for you and the family.

Jon
Mopar or no-car

BobD

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2017, 11:38:51 PM »
Greg - You are in our thoughts & prayers.  My wife had a filter installed from a past surgery after a blood clot went up her leg into her lung...the filter did its job - hope all goes well with you also!

slim

• Lives in St. Louis, MO
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2017, 12:51:44 AM »
prayers for a recovery !

Dirtman

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2017, 07:25:35 AM »
Hang in there man! Thoughts are with you!!!

Rett

Greg Birky

• My Fotki
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2017, 06:16:44 PM »
HI everyone and a huge thank you for all your thoughts and prayers.  I was diagnosed with the blood clot in my left leg after a trip to my chiropractor.  He thought maybe it was a blood clot so he advised getting a ct scan asap.  I did and started Lovenox shots twice daily...Satuday night I was going to go to the bathroom and I got partway there and had a dizzy spell come over me so strong and immediate that I couldn't react to help myself.  I fell hard with cuts and bruises to my head and feet.  Apparently that caused a portion of the leg clot to break off in multiple pieces and travel to my lungs.  It caused almost immediate shortness of breath and very quickly getting very weak.  I went to the ER here in Newton and after discussion between my oncologist and the ER doc I was transferred to Des Moines by ambulance.  I was stabilized and had a vena cava filter put in.  I am still short of breath and tire very quickly but I am alive.  I started on Xarelto yesterday and will be on it the remainder of my life.  Hopefully the clots in both lungs will dissolve and breathing will return to normal.  So the big deal is that I am alive and kicking (very lightly) and not able to do very much around the house until I can breath better.  I haven't tried going to the basement to my model bench because I'm still having some dizziness going on.  So until then I'll be here somewhat to offer encouragement and kudos to those who are building. I also found out that this whole fiasco is a side effect of my chemotherapy.   Thanks again, gentlemen, and build on!!! gb 😎👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻🏁🤗
The “Ole Bench Racer” 

Greg Birky

Bob P.

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2017, 06:35:38 PM »
Greg,

I'm glad you are home and doing better. I'll continue to keep you in my prayers. I hope you can get back to the model bench soon.

Bob

john2

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2017, 06:42:34 PM »
 :) :) :)  HEY GREG.   SO HAPPY TO HAVE YOU BACK, AND I HOPE YOUR RECOVERY CONTINUES TO GO WELL.  ENJOY THE WORDS AND PICTURES ON SHORTTRACKMODELS.COM  .
Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4

pdaly28

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2017, 09:03:28 PM »
Hi Greg...rest up and take care of yourself.My friend up there is watching out for you!Prayers sent

sentsat71

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2017, 04:52:47 AM »
Good to hear from ya'!!
Ed K.

James2

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2017, 06:41:56 AM »
Glad to hear your doing better, hand in there...
"Days are neither good nor bad, they are what you make of them."

Dr. Kerry

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2017, 04:37:12 PM »
Hoping for the best my friend!!!!!!! Hope you come through this quick!!!!!!!!
"Keep It In Scale"
       Dr. Kerry
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCq_FIdex0e1WNmv1lpQ-ZnQ