Author Topic: Leaving for the Memphis show  (Read 2793 times)

john2

Leaving for the Memphis show
« on: June 23, 2017, 09:00:24 AM »
 :)  in just a few.  I am putting James 2 and Ed K.  in charge to keep the rest of you in line while I am away. 

Back mid day Sunday. 
Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4

Charlie.D

Re: Leaving for the Memphis show
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2017, 02:34:31 PM »
Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow John
Charlie Daniel

sentsat71

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2017, 05:28:23 AM »
ME?????!!?!?!??!??!  John2 ;D
You gotta' be kidding!!!!! ;D :o ::)

Enjoy yourself.....!!
Ed K.

john2

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2017, 12:47:20 PM »
 :) :) :)  Back from the Memphis show.  Had a great time.  Dave, Hondo, and I all won multiple awards so that was nice.  Got to see some great models and meet some great people.

The Riff Raff guys had their own members  show separately, with the cars identified by number, so I don't know if Charlie entered any or not.  Forgot to ask.  Maybe when he sees this, he will let us know.

Jim gave me door to door service from hotel to show and back, and took me to eat after the show at The Commissary in Germantown.  Had some really good bbq. 

Could not have had a better time.  Thanks to all.  I hope to be able to go again next year.

Hondo

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2017, 02:02:23 PM »
Yes, it was a very good show/swap meet at the "River Rumble 2017" event yesterday.
Always good to see friends and talk about a common topic.

Nice for John to make the trek up from mid-Mississippi. We enjoyed visiting with Charlie D and the guys in the Riff Raff Model Club.
(Glad I brought an extra box for John to take all that hardware home in........ ;D)
We had a good day, especially since all the rain from the previous couple of days moved out.

Looking forward to River Rumble #3 next year on June 23rd, 2018.

Charlie.D

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2017, 04:57:21 PM »
I didn't enter the show. We had a table for club members I just forgot my model.
Charlie Daniel

john2

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2017, 09:48:27 AM »
 :)  Just some more thoughts about the show.    The Riff Raff guys are anything but that.  All of them are really nice and easy to work with.  Super helpful.

Mike and Les Boyle, James, the Preacher, Charlie, and Joe Spurrier are the names I learned.  The wives play a big part too.  I told Joe about us here, so maybe he will come with us.  A guy and his son were there from Huntsville, Ala. but I did not get their names. They were there last year too.  I'll have to work harder on names.  I think the son was the only junior entered. 

I believe  it is really good that they have their own separate show for their members.  The shows where their own members are allowed to enter seem to always invite trouble over favoritism.

Thanks to Dave for all the pictures on Model Cars Magazine Forum, under Contests and Shows.  Please do go and check them out. 
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 10:01:04 AM by john2 »