Author Topic: The Best 10 Minutes You Will Spend Today  (Read 2445 times)

David Bogard

The Best 10 Minutes You Will Spend Today
« on: November 22, 2017, 02:36:45 PM »
Take a few minutes and watch this newsreel from the 1953 Darlington 500. It is a genuine history lesson into racing and America in general.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYgBqX0stB8
I appreciate people that actually build and post models.
https://public.fotki.com/DKBogard/

Greg Birky

• My Fotki
Re: The Best 10 Minutes You Will Spend Today
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2017, 09:50:13 PM »
I really enjoyed that film, David.  What I really noticed was how very little safety was observed but the coolest thing was how very showroom stock appearing the cars of the day were.  A definite history lesson.😎👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻🏁
The “Ole Bench Racer” 

Greg Birky

Dirtman

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2017, 10:18:16 PM »
Finally got a chance to check this out! Time well spent, thanks David!!!

Rett

JimW

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2017, 10:59:42 AM »
funny  I just posted this video on Facebook  last week , I found it while looking for a sprint car races  that was about the same time 150 west darlington that a friend of my dad had his sprint car was racing and I'v only seen  black & white photo's of the cars that raced that day ,  don's son David told me about the video and said it was filmed by one of the big 3's camraman (abc,cbs or nbc ) I still havn't found the video . it was to be a test shot of dirt racing David said his dad had a copy of it but it was lost to time when Don past away in 1997 , David said he told his dad he wanted to put it CD to save it but he past before David could get the old 8 or 16 mm tape .... wish , wish and a few hopes maybe David or I can find it on you tube
the 1953 and 54  Darlington races are both on you tube and both are worth watching Thank you David for posting its worth watching again !!
RACING is an ADDICTION ::: the only CURE is POVERTY