Author Topic: Revell....  (Read 3676 times)

sentsat71

Revell....
« on: April 17, 2018, 09:53:09 AM »
Anyone following the thread on Randy's site (under NASCAR Modeling section, just above the Showroom section at the top of the page) regarding the future of Revell?
Is not sounding good for the models Revell has produced over the years......

(Have yet to check today......)
Ed K.

James2

Re: Revell....
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2018, 04:22:46 PM »
LINK?
"Days are neither good nor bad, they are what you make of them."

David Bogard

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2018, 05:03:57 PM »
HOBBICO UPDATE – Over the weekend, I was able to find a copy of the transcript for the bankruptcy auction of Hobbico’s Revell business.  You can view it here:

http://upshotservices.s3.amazonaws.com/files/ff11e972-f6c7-458c-a00b-05e14958d7f7/f14c1828-a160-4bbc-8d90-2e6ba2f58964.pdf

The purchase price was $3.9 million, based on an inventory of $4.3 million.  The closing date of the sale will be on or before May 8, 2018.  The buyer(s) are the Quantum Group and Blitz 18-313 GmbH, from Germany.  All other offers were rejected by the court.  There are a lot of threads and comments on the internet about this sale, and it is easy to get caught up in the hype over what will happen.

So here is my take on it all.

No one knows what will happen.  No one.

I looked up the Blitz people and the translation offered from German to English indicates that they are a management company, not a manufacturing company.  It says that on their description at least.  Any company buying up an outfit like Revell would do so if they felt they could make a profit with it.  Perhaps they will find another buyer(s), perhaps they will learn to melt and inject plastic pellets into molds to make model parts, and perhaps they will melt all of it down and make buggy whips and butter churns out of it.  No one knows.  No one.  Predicting what they will do is like naming the exact time and date of birth of the driver of the fifth red sedan with a license plate ending in the number “7” to stop in at the southbound Okahumpka Service Plaza on the Florida Turnpike after 10:22 am Eastern Time on April 19th of this year.  Actually, your chances on that one are about one out of 527,040 – much better than figuring out exactly what Quantum and Blitz, etc., will do with Revell.

Everyone wringing their hands and losing sleep over the sale of Revell needs to take a deep breath and relax, and maybe build something.  Unless someone has the money to buy all of the inventory and tooling out of the new buyers’ hands, there is nothing that anyone can do about it.  Some people also need to give up the internet posts and blogs and tweets, and stop telling folks, “Well I heard . . . .”  It does no one any good to spread rumors that are not backed up with officially documented releases from the owner(s) of the company.  Someday, Quantum and Blitz will make their intentions formally known through published notifications. In the meantime, there are plenty of Revell products still available, and probably will be for quite a while. 
I appreciate people that actually build and post models.
https://public.fotki.com/DKBogard/

Lefturns75

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2018, 06:30:27 PM »
Ya know, I don't get too excited about all this stuff.  All the model companies have given me lots of good memories and fun during my life and I have enjoyed every moment.  At the age I am now, if not one single kit is made starting today, I have enough kits to last until I can't see em or I can't hold the parts.  Plus, there will be lots of kits still out there to get if you want one for some time.  In the worst case, being that Revell goes away and is no more, my memory of them and the fun I had with the kits in my life can't be erased.  Love em or hate em they are part of my childhood until now.  But, like others have said, I will just wait and see what come about.  No matter what the outcome, it won't affect this old geezer much. 

john2

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2018, 07:30:02 PM »
 :)  My take is  this :

If model kits are available, then build them.

If none are available, then don't build them. 
Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4

Charlie.D

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2018, 12:56:30 PM »
Very well said John
Charlie Daniel

David Bogard

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2018, 01:09:26 PM »
That was kind of the main point John. There's a lot more talkers than builders these days so if Revell survives or not (or the rest of the modeling industry for that matter), it may largely depend on folks building (consuming) kits rather than just talking about them. Sorry to be so curt but if you want these type of folks to stay afloat then build something.

James2

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2018, 02:13:04 PM »
What difference does it really make, we all have enough kits to out last ourselves and our children!
"Days are neither good nor bad, they are what you make of them."

David Bogard

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2018, 03:05:55 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D Isn't THAT the truth James!

Olderndirt

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2018, 03:17:16 PM »
Aaaahhh, the day is coming, when all you guys that have a three car garage full of unbuilt primo models in the most valuable, and rare packaging, will be cowering in you’re safe rooms, from home invasion thugs from the underground model black market. Your only hope is to fricken build them.  Hahahaha!!!!

pdaly28

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2018, 07:03:37 PM »
hahahahahahaha ::) ::) ::)

Grt222

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2018, 12:34:51 AM »
I wouldn't think someone spent 3.9 million dollars on the company to not do something with it, like make a profit. I thought I seen somewhere that revell of Germany bought it?