Author Topic: What pleased you today...  (Read 3964 times)

James2

What pleased you today...
« on: May 11, 2018, 07:26:16 AM »
There is an awful lot to complain about in this world. I started a thread like this on another forum just to give ear to the many things that please us and/or we're thankful for. So lets hear it!
"Days are neither good nor bad, they are what you make of them."

Greg Birky

• My Fotki
Re: What pleased you today...
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2018, 11:21:46 AM »
Great idea, James!!!  I've been thinking about the health issues that my wife and I are dealing with when I began to really be thankful and appreciative of the good health that we do have.  I'm also very thankful for my family of origin and the family that we all have right here.  I am thankful for my interest in building race cars returning.  What a wonderful day in the pits (no pun intended)!!! 🤗👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻🏁
The “Ole Bench Racer” 

Greg Birky

Dirtman

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2018, 12:28:36 PM »
Hmmmm, guess I'd have to say, my health pleases me today. I'm pushing 78, still riding my Harley trike, still going out on Fridays to do a little kareoke with friends. In general, yes, I've got some aches and pains, but nothing I can't handle....Life is good. And it's good to have all of you forum friends!!

Rett

Olderndirt

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2018, 02:29:39 PM »
I was delighted this morning when I woke up and there was no dirt on my face.

Olderndirt

Dirtman

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2018, 03:18:32 PM »
I was delighted this morning when I woke up and there was no dirt on my face.

Olderndirt

Guess that's why they call you "OLDER"n dirt!

Lefturns75

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2018, 04:24:32 PM »
Been up since 4:45 A.M. and can't say I can think of a thing.  I did see a totaled out Prius on a roll back about 1:00 P.M. and that gave me a warm, fuzzy feeling. 

Hondo

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2018, 04:52:03 PM »
Hey folks !

I am pleased that the wife and I had a safe 520 mile trip home from vacation in Florida today.
I am also happy to say we had an enjoyable lunch in the Jackson. MS area with John2 and his lovely lady, Anne.

TarheelRick

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2018, 06:00:18 PM »
One of my biggest joys today is realizing there are only nine more school days and I will be out for the summer.  The kids on my bus seem to be getting wilder every year.  Also I am in the vertical position while typing this so therefore I must be doing alright physically.  When I go into my basement and look at the 200-300 kits I have stashed there I get a warm feeling that no matter what happens to the hobby, I am covered until I am covered in dirt.  Just need to wipe some of the dust off them and get back to the bench.
When I win the Powerball I will switch to the real ones.

Brian Conn

• Banned for the greater good
    • Alumilite Molding & Casting
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2018, 09:32:04 PM »
....So I am South bound on I-35 from Kearney, Mo. about 6 this evening.....been truckin' since about 8:30 this morning all over the Kansas City metro...long day and still have about 2 hr's of wind shield ahead of me.  I notice in the North bound lane what appears to be a large, open trailer w/ a couple of stock cars on it....must be pulling up to Winston.  As it passes I notice a couple of vintage class stock cars, one of them Blue with the # J2 on it which would be none other than Jack Simmons from Erie, Ks. ........ couldn't tell you what kind of cars they where...perhaps a Studebaker or a Kaiser...dunno   

Jack Simmons Erie, Ks. Vintage Class
« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 09:30:52 PM by Brian Conn »
The only heroes in Washington are buried just outside of it in Arlington

john2

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2018, 05:38:38 AM »
 :)  Yes, as mentioned above, Anne and I met Jim ( Hondo ) Mullis and his wife Susie at  Picadilly in Jackson, and had a very enjoyable lunch and visit.  Always good to be with them.  Looking forward to the Memphis show next month.  Friends are treasures.

Thanks to James2 for this topic.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 05:41:24 AM by john2 »
Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4

bandit2026

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2018, 06:36:35 AM »
I see me in every post. As a 70 year old diabetic I woke up this morning and hurt all over but I did get up. Got back from a month in Fl and parked the rv , need a few things then headed out again. Painted the black part of the Falcon last night and it turned out pretty good for rattle can. Might get a chance to decal it up tomorrow. I look out over the field and watch the cows and realize small things mean more to me.

James2

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2018, 10:05:40 AM »
I spent a few hours riding with my Pal last evening, something we don't do as much as we should.
"Days are neither good nor bad, they are what you make of them."

Brian Conn

• Banned for the greater good
    • Alumilite Molding & Casting
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2018, 08:58:31 PM »
  The Royals beat the Cardinals and took the I-70 series
The only heroes in Washington are buried just outside of it in Arlington