Author Topic: Heartland Thunder  (Read 2537 times)

TarheelRick

Heartland Thunder
« on: September 10, 2020, 06:31:13 AM »
Just recently stumbled across this show (Heartland Thunder) on Hulu.  Follows four local heroes on the dirt track at Lakeside Speedway in Kansas City.  I believe it was actually filmed around 10 or so years ago, they have mentioned the 2008/9 seasons.  Looks to be a rehash of "Madhouse" the series on Bowman Gray Stadium in Winston-Salem, NC; or maybe "Madhouse" was a rehash of this show.  Either way there is some pretty good racing footage, although the hokey "track announcer" focuses on the four main stars even if they are out of the top-ten.  The four main stars even parallel the four in Madhouse:  Father/son team in KS Myers brothers in NC, Kerrick big dollar sponsor in KS Tim Brown in NC, lone-wolf bad guy Boney in KS Fleming in NC.  Oh yeah, the fans get into fights over their heroes.  Still entertaining to watch.
When I win the Powerball I will switch to the real ones.

Dirtman

Re: Heartland Thunder
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2020, 08:34:12 AM »
I went to Lakeside back in the 70's while on vacation. Sprint car got the front end all tore up, they brought a wrecker out on the back stretch, hooked him up, and the crew(all of them) proceeded to repair right there on the track. Got him back in the race. I'm from southeastern Wisconsin and I can tell you, you wouldn't see that up there. They'd hook you to pits and that would be that. Thought it was pretty cool!

Rett

Brian Conn

• Banned for the greater good
    • Alumilite Molding & Casting
Re: Heartland Thunder
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2020, 10:46:04 PM »
....Lets see
  The Father /Son combo was Tom (Father) and Danny Charles
    Tim Karrick seemed to always had some decent sponsorship....not sure of the $$$$ amount but plenty of flash none the less.
      I forget if it was Dustin or Justin Boney....neither one, as I recall, would I consider to be the lone Wolf bad guy.

The word was that a lot of what you saw/heard was "coached" by the producers. ::)
The only heroes in Washington are buried just outside of it in Arlington