News:

Welcome to Short Track Models!

Main Menu

Late Model Camaro

Started by thirdgearspeedshop, April 19, 2019, 11:43:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary Davis

This is sure looking good TG. Great job on the fabbed headers...
"Man...I love the smell of Methonal and Dirt in the morning. Then....Methonal and Asphalt in the afternoon is GOLDEN also."

thirdgearspeedshop

More progress. Hopefully I'll have the body painted this weekend.

Fordguy01

Wow third That is spectacular work that engine is a true work of art, a true masterpiece.  Can't wait to see the finished product.

Al

Brian Conn

...Getting better all the time.  Where did you get that fuel log?
The only heroes in Washington are buried just outside of it in Arlington

thirdgearspeedshop

Quote from: Brian Conn on June 25, 2020, 05:59:37 PM
...Getting better all the time.  Where did you get that fuel log?

I made it from styrene rod, wire and a couple of compression fittings from Detail Master.

RCR

Gary Davis

That racing harness sure looks good. That whole cockpit looks Good!!
"Man...I love the smell of Methonal and Dirt in the morning. Then....Methonal and Asphalt in the afternoon is GOLDEN also."

Marty W

Great detail work! This will be a good one.....

thirdgearspeedshop

This one is in the books fellas. I finished up over the holiday weekend and decided to also make a dirt track/wall/catch fence to display it on. I'm super proud of this one given that it was my first time working with a vacu-formed body, and using two kits for the frame was a challenge. I will post more pics in the Cars with Fenders section.

Gary Davis

That really looks good. The track is KILLER also. You sure captured the look of a slick track. Great job T.G.

MarkJ

Awesome fabwork. The finished product is superlative. Thanks for the very informative wip. Oh yeah, and my favorite thing about the whole model is the pipes through the door. Thats really an awesome touch.

Olderndirt

I totally agree about this build being outstanding. I also agree about the 180 degree headers exhausting through the right door. I've been working on a T-bird with a similar exhaust system. Getting that exhaust bent in the right direction, and coming out where its supposed to ain't easy.

Olderndirt

Bob P.

Fantastic build, very well done.

Bob

ModelCarMan AKA Ricky

Love the details in everything! The tires and wheel I like the most!