News:

Welcome to Short Track Models!

Main Menu

1962 Ford

Started by BobD, June 21, 2022, 12:35:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BobD

My first project in a while.....a 1962 Ford convertible. Never been into much chassis detail, so I decided to do a little more with this one. Pictured are a NOS kit chassis on the left, and an old original that I've cut away almost everything unrelated to the basic frame on the right. Digging through old parts boxes for a rear end and leaf springs to fit. Plan on (hopefully) turning this into a replica of a car driven around northeast Iowa in 1967 by John Connolly of Delhi, IA. First photo of the car was a rollover at Hawkeye Downs in Cedar Rapids at the very beginning of the season. The car had a stock front bumper & grill at that point, but later in the season it appears to have nerf/bumper bars in the 2nd photo taken at Tunis Speedway in Waterloo. I'm not sure which direction I'll go with that.
20220621_113407 by RD Dix, on Flickr
20220621_113339 by RD Dix, on Flickr
20210817_160737A by RD Dix, on Flickr
20210822_144917 by RD Dix, on Flickr

Tom Birky

Hey Bob! I'm sorry I missed this post. I missed quite a few this summer I'm afraid.  Cool car and legendary driver. Have you thought about using the AMT 60 Starliner chassis? I know the nascar builders use it alot for more detail. Has fully detailed chassis. Bonus on your photos....you can read the hard to get hood detail!

Tom

Dirtman

The Starliner chassis is the way to go! I've built 4 of my old 62 and 64  race cars with that chassis!

Rett

BobD

Rett & Tom - No, I hadn't thought about the Starliner chassis.  Guess I didn't realize it came with a "bare" frame. Sure would have been a lot easier than hacking away on this thing! Anyway, this one is on the backburner now.  Starting a new project I hope to finish before getting back to Ford convert.