Author Topic: #25 Sprintcar .... Finished...1-28-18  (Read 25223 times)

Gary Davis

• "LIVE"....from Tacoma Washington.
Re: #25 Sprintcar .... paint update...1-14-18
« Reply #60 on: January 15, 2018, 03:30:19 PM »
I like those colors together !   me thinking orange separation stripe and numbers .... LOL  thats just me . who used to run at Kville with those colors ? it was a local guy that raced weekly but I an't think of his name   i know he had Jocko on the hood  oh well your doing a great job
Man Jim...you just blew me away here bud!!! LOL That's exactly the color (orange) that I'm using on that line. The #'s will be Chrome( to go with the 25th Anniversary Spl. Race team) with an orange outline( I'll have to print them out and see how it looks before applying)..that's for the rear. On the nose I'm going with Red with orange outline. Annnnd I don't remember who it was that ran at Knxvlle with those colors...to far back for my memory bank....
"Man...I love the smell of Methonal and Dirt in the morning. Then....Methonal and Asphalt in the afternoon is GOLDEN also."

Hondo

« Reply #61 on: January 27, 2018, 04:34:59 PM »
Gonna be a killer one, Gary !!  8)

Gary Davis

« Reply #62 on: January 27, 2018, 05:18:26 PM »
Thank you Jim...The Decals are on ( second time around for the rear #s). I'll let them set and snuggle in over night as I use Walthers Solvaset. After applying it...It really wrinkles the decal up annnnd that's not a good time to play with the decal. It sure works good though. Makes the decal look like it's painted on. Hopefully I'll be able to finish this puppy up by tomorrow and post finished pics. But...here's a few pics of the finished tires and wheels. 

« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 05:29:09 PM by Gary Davis »
"Man...I love the smell of Methonal and Dirt in the morning. Then....Methonal and Asphalt in the afternoon is GOLDEN also."

sentsat71

Re: #25 Sprintcar .... ALMOST finished update...1-27-18
« Reply #63 on: January 28, 2018, 06:37:54 AM »
really like those tires/rims!!!!

Now....we are all sitting here waiting for the pics of these on the car.......

waiting......

waiting.....

sorry.....couldn't resist..! ::) ;D :D ;)
Ed K.

Gary Davis

Re: #25 Sprintcar .... ALMOST finished update...1-27-18
« Reply #64 on: January 28, 2018, 02:32:41 PM »
Thanks Ed...I know it's a small update but I had to show that I have been working on it. Right now I'm setting the front and rear axles and running the brake lines. After that's finished...it will all go together...

Sorry for the LOOONG WIP Folks. With the Death of Cousin Tim the day before thanksgiving and then my Father-in-law on Christmas day...it's been a little difficult at times to get back in the groove. Thanks to ALL who have stopped in and took a look and commented. It's really appreciated.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 01:06:28 PM by Gary Davis »

Gary Davis

Re: #25 Sprintcar .... Finished...1-28-18
« Reply #65 on: January 28, 2018, 11:26:09 PM »
This Project is finished. Now...It's off to build the trailer... Thanks to ALL who has stopped in and commented on this build. Here's a few pics of the #25 Anniversary Special Sprintcar....

« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 12:57:52 AM by Gary Davis »

john2

« Reply #66 on: January 29, 2018, 04:52:48 AM »
 :)  Very nice, Gary.
Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4

Bob P.

« Reply #67 on: January 29, 2018, 07:20:17 AM »
Fantastic build Gary.

You turned that kit into a beautiful sprint car. Great color combination and lettering also.

Bob

sentsat71

« Reply #68 on: January 29, 2018, 09:34:34 AM »
WOW!!

Well worth the wait!!  One very neat looking sprint!!  Great job!!!!!!!!
Ed K.

Gary Davis

« Reply #69 on: January 29, 2018, 01:09:08 PM »
Thank you ALL for the  great complements. It really has been a very interesting build...that's for sure.

Gary Davis

« Reply #70 on: January 30, 2018, 03:08:28 PM »
Great question David...it's called Handy Tak. It's made for putting posters and pictures on the wall and not putting holes in the sheetrock. It's re-usable as I've used this same stuff for over 9yrs. You can find it at Bed Bath & Beyond. You can also go to Lowes or Home Depot and and Wal Mart and get the same thing(basically) in blue. It's made by LOCTITE and it's called FUN-TAK...or Blu Tak...also Sticky Tak. They're all re-usable putty stuff. It has really worked good for me. Maybe a little cleaning after you pull the parts apart but...I like it better than the white glue stuff called Detail Tack.

Hope this gives you some choices and helps you out David
« Last Edit: June 06, 2020, 04:14:31 PM by Gary Davis »

Gary Davis

« Reply #71 on: January 30, 2018, 05:21:17 PM »
On my way out the door to go to BB&B to pick up some! I've never been happy with any of my assemble/disassemble techniques in the past. I never could get a pet octopus trained to hold the parts and most everything else seemed to stick better than my finished glue!  :o  I am super jacked up about this alternative so thanks for the info Gary!  :D
Cool David, you're very welcome. I hear you on the 40 arms thing. It can get a little frustrating try'in to hold three pieces together in mock up annnnd then...take a measurement.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 07:31:16 PM by Gary Davis »

slim

• Lives in St. Louis, MO
« Reply #72 on: January 30, 2018, 07:06:45 PM »
Spectacular! Another award winner!

Gary Davis

« Reply #73 on: January 30, 2018, 07:32:09 PM »
Thanks Slim Louie...appreciated

JimW

« Reply #74 on: February 02, 2018, 11:22:16 PM »
love the way this sprinter sets looking like it could go 2000 mph setin"still !!   wish I could get a  set of those front tires ad wheel's so I or someone could castt them in resin , those are the best front tires/wheel's I'v ever seen on a 1/25 scale sprint car or super mod from that time period .... great build Gary     just love it !!!!
RACING is an ADDICTION ::: the only CURE is POVERTY