Author Topic: Enough Already!  (Read 4620 times)

David Bogard

Enough Already!
« on: March 13, 2020, 09:53:41 AM »
The economic warfare being waged on America by a biological agent -- either intentional or accidental -- should not stop us from going about our lives.

Use caution?  Absolutely.  Crawl under a rock or bury your head in the sand and hope it goes away?  Really?  That's the American spirit?  Fight each other in the paper goods section of the grocery store over toilet paper?  Really?  Fighting over a shopping cart in Kroger?  Really?  Please use some common sense. 

"Stupidity" seems to be the biggest virus that is spreading, and way too many people seem to be catching it.
I appreciate people that actually build and post models.
https://public.fotki.com/DKBogard/

sentsat71

Re: Enough Already!
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2020, 10:33:43 AM »
I agree....

Still don't understand the run on toilet paper....

IMO the media is responsible  for a LOT of the craziness
Glad I live in a lower populated area...The grocery store I went to yesterday was low on TP  but not out.....
Ed K.

Marty W

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2020, 11:45:57 AM »
Anybody remember the SARS virus? This one is another mutation of that. It is nothing "new". David is right, use common sense. That, and you might want to take vitamin C, and vitamin D3 to help boost your immune system.

TonyK

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2020, 05:13:56 PM »
Glad someone else brought this up so I can chime in and I totally agree with what was said above. I'm at a loss about the TP and bottled water seems to be another panic buy. My faucet seems to work fine and I expect it still will while people get the flu.

Went to the grocery store early this morning and laugh at the people who always have to use a disinfectant wipe for the handle of the cart. Then you proceed to grab produce, cans and boxed items, a loaf of bread, carton of milk, eggs, etc. You didn't wipe those down. How many people touched those items before they were put on the shelf? Then the cashier touches them after you put them on the belt/counter. Maybe you have a bagger grab each item. Shall I go on?

john2

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2020, 06:20:47 PM »
X
« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 05:41:37 PM by john2 »
Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4

Brian Conn

• Banned for the greater good
    • Alumilite Molding & Casting
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2020, 12:19:45 AM »
The economic warfare being waged on America by a biological agent -- either intentional or accidental -- should not stop us from going about our lives.

You're right, it shouldn't but within the last 36 hours take a look at all the major sports franchises that either will suspend/delay the start of games or as the case with the NCAA putting the kibosh on March Madness all together(in the name of being sensitive to the issue)....its bombarding us from all directions and I just used major sporting events as an example.  The Univ. of Kansas was ranked as a #1 seed going into the tourney  ....lots of talk this season of them winning it all.
  Of course there is more to life than sports, but there are folks out there finding it more and more difficult to go about their daily routine and life....case in point.....
  My step Daughter and her family live in Greeley Co.  Jennifer is struggling to find food and other necessary provisions as like a lot of places there has been a run on commodities.  She tells of a noticeable Police presence at some grocery stores due to people being mugged/beat up in the parking lot for their food that they just purchased. 
  Here locally, my wife Amy has noticed that there are hardly any workers left at the neighborhood grocery store and that the store has become desperate and will hire any one on the spot that is in an upright position, breathing and has a pulse.  Amy had the foresight to get out ahead of the mess and mayhem and stock up on bottle water, toilet paper and sanitizing/cleaning supplies when it was first being talked about.
  She is also taking some antibiotics which her Dr. advised are in short supply due to being mfg. in China             

......................... Please use some common sense.
"Stupidity" seems to be the biggest virus that is spreading, and way too many people seem to be catching it.
   And like Lemmings, the Sheeople will continue on the stupidity....its the hoarding mentality that some people poses that has led to ,in part, the empty shelves.  The inability to stop for a moment and give it some thought as to what we did in the past and what really needs to be done now is sorely lacking as well

I agree....

Still don't understand the run on toilet paper....
  Because of people being led to believe that they should not go out and to shelter in place for up to 14 days....how much toilet paper can one go thru in 2 weeks anyway?

IMO the media is responsible  for a LOT of the craziness
 BINGO Councilman, do you or anyone else recall this kind of media coverage when we were dealing with the Swine flu, which killed way more Americans, back in 2008?/2009   I understand the difference between what transpired then with the flu as to what's going on now with the virus.  The media wants to make this a political issue, plain and simple.

Glad I live in a lower populated area...The grocery store I went to yesterday was low on TP  but not out.....

Since this issue has been all the rage I have been to smalltown Ks. , smalltown Mo. and smalltown Neb. (was in smalltown Ia.  :) just before things went off the deep end unless you count the Iowa caucus :P)   what is happening in the big city just isn't happening in the rural Midwest, besides I really think there is more common sense and core values to be found and the people are just more resilient than the what is to be found elsewhere in the larger cities....."A country boy can survive" anyone?

Anybody remember the SARS virus? This one is another mutation of that. It is nothing "new". David is right, use common sense. That, and you might want to take vitamin C, and vitamin D3 to help boost your immune system.

YES...anything that we can do on our own and boosting your immune system is something that no one is talking about ......it just makes sense, no matter what.

..........................Went to the grocery store early this morning and laugh at the people who always have to use a disinfectant wipe for the handle of the cart. Then you proceed to grab produce, cans and boxed items, a loaf of bread, carton of milk, eggs, etc. You didn't wipe those down. How many people touched those items before they were put on the shelf? Then the cashier touches them after you put them on the belt/counter. Maybe you have a bagger grab each item. Shall I go on?

Must be the same idiots that panic at the first mention of possible accumulating ice on power lines and limbs and go buy a bunch of food that will need to be prepared....like microwave pizza or meat that would need to be cooked .....not thinking that they might not have any electric power for hours or even days.

We have 23 rolls .  Should we run get more get more ?

Lets see ...its just you and your wife and according to average use , you should have enough to last thru the end of August.....your mileage may very.   
« Last Edit: March 14, 2020, 12:23:06 AM by Brian Conn »
The only heroes in Washington are buried just outside of it in Arlington

sentsat71

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2020, 09:05:10 AM »
Another thing that comes to mind....
A certain political party is more or less somewhat behind a lot of this, along with the "very honest" (HA!) media are more worried about the Coronavirus than they are all the undocmented, unvaccinated illegals coming in as they deemed the wall unnecessary.....
There again.....just my thoughts on this

Ed K.

TarheelRick

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2020, 09:08:29 AM »
When will this idiocy come to an end.  A co-worker related that two days ago he and his wife went to a WalMart, Walgreens, and 2 different Dollar Generals and found only one bottle of Lysol disinfectant cleaner.  My wife and I went out for dinner yesterday, dropped by the local WalMart, the paper product shelves were completely empty, the bottled water shelf likewise, the bread and canned goods aisle were getting thin.  I drive a school bus and we got a call from the district superintendent yesterday evening, lots of blah blah blah, but the jest of the message was all after school events will end at midnight last night, we are not considering closing the schools - yet.  Field trips and other out of school excursions will be considered on an individual basis.  Our district superintendent is a follower, if a couple of the other counties around us make any decision to close or limit school days he will drop in lockstep with them.  As I said I drive a school bus, I guess he doesn't consider 40+ kids cooped up inside a tin-can for up to 1.5 hours to be a health risk.
Maybe the answer is for everyone to seek out our local survivalist groups and join with them to learn how to make it through this non-existent crisis.  Of course we would all probably get shot on sight, so there is that problem.  In case I have not made myself clear, I am so tired of this hoax.  Or is it a devious terrorist plot spurned by Russia to annihilate China, the US and  other developed countries so they can take over the world without firing a shot.  I will put my tin-foil hat aside now and hopefully get some bench time while I hide behind my stack of tp and bottled water.

Got the call last night, school will be closed for the next two weeks!  Looks I will be getting my garden in the ground earlier this year.  Just wondering if I will get paid for this lay-off - ummm, probably not.  Keep building, til the lunacy passes.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2020, 08:16:21 AM by TarheelRick »
When I win the Powerball I will switch to the real ones.

Dr. Kerry

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2020, 05:25:46 PM »
Ok. Not sure if you guys will like me after this but to the ones that say people need not worry about this and wipe handles at shopping stores etc..... I get that the “worry” shouldn’t be for the mass of the population but for those that are in my shoes, worry goes to the moon!! I am one of those that wipe the handles on carts, cringe when someone steps close to me not knowing if they are carriers or not. Etc etc etc...
the reason being is my 13 year old daughter that has a rare syndrome and every cell in her body has been affected. She is clinically and medically diagnosed as “immune compromised” and it’s for good reason. If she would contract a virus such as this it would put her in the hospital fighting for her life. She wouldn’t be strong enough to combat the virus and her organs would begin to shut down. It would be up to the doctors to pull and fight for her. That would be if they knew what to do as a Kabuki child is not like a normal child. In other words it would and could be life threatening... Ive been at the end of my wits and anxiety through the roof arguing with my work to let me off. As of Friday it worked and I’m off for At least two weeks...
Guess what I’m saying is for the ones that do t think it’s serious, it is for a lot.. Now I agree that the fighting for parts and toilet paper etc etc etc are crazy as loons! It just bothers me when people say this is being blown out of proportion as to the severity of it!
"Keep It In Scale"
       Dr. Kerry
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCq_FIdex0e1WNmv1lpQ-ZnQ

Fordguy01

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2020, 11:28:59 PM »
I agree with everything that has been said here but there is a mandate of not having more than 10 people congregating together at one time needs further thought.  A friend and I were talking about this the other day and he told me if you look round you'll see that in most retail stores, grocery stores, etc there are hundreds of people walking around in the vicinity of each other and that gents blows the theory of no more than 10 people gathering together in one place for whatever purpose out of the water.  For myself I am more concerned for the elderly in nursing homes, etc. as they are in a close proximity to each other.  And for what it's worth that is my two cents worth gents.  Enjoy some modeling time and be safe.

Al   

Dr. Kerry

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2020, 09:25:47 AM »
I about ripped into a few guys at work during our start up meetings we have in the morning. The boss had an announcement on Corona and a few guys were like “oh here we go” and joking about. The only thought that went through my head was “I wish I could be one to joke about it” as I knew the reality of what was coming and my daughter in her situation. A normal cold that would last 2 weeks for most of us lasts 2-3 months for her. Every ear when cold and flu season hit we limit our exposure to anyone and anything. This year with Corona even more so. With what it does would have a reaction on me and even more on my daughter..
I get that a lot of people who deal with “normal” kids daily don’t always think of the Special Needs kids that stuff like this would seriously affect. Unfortunately we live it everyday..
No offense taken by anyone here guys! Just wanted to plug my two cents in on the matter. Have a good day all and build something!!
"Keep It In Scale"
       Dr. Kerry

john2

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2020, 01:16:04 PM »
Of course we still like you Dr. K. 

I Xed out my comment about toilet tissue for  being out of place during such trying times for everyone.  My comment was made in the early days of this situation which has escalated  rapidly. 

I think we just have to be patient while it runs its course whatever that may be.
Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4

Dr. Kerry

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2020, 02:33:59 PM »
Just so you know I wasn’t trying to out do anyone. Just making those that don’t think this is a big deal to think again. B cause to some it is huge. All I was doing. With that I’ll stop..
"Keep It In Scale"
       Dr. Kerry