Author Topic: Jack Ingram LMS Nova  (Read 1667 times)

thirdgearspeedshop

Jack Ingram LMS Nova
« on: June 29, 2023, 09:08:16 AM »
After attending the Jack Ingram Memorial 111 at Hickory a few weeks ago, I got inspired to build his LMS Nova circa 76. I'm using an AMT NASCAR chassis and a Revell 69 Nova COPO body, windows, bumpers. So far I have scratch built the main portion of the cage and cut the wheel openings. Lots more to do, but it's a start.

Volzfan59

Re: Jack Ingram LMS Nova
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2023, 10:39:23 AM »
It's looking really good! I'm looking forward to seeing more of this one. Personally speaking, the old NASCAR LMS Series was probably my favorite of all.
"Many men fish all of their lives without knowing it is not the fish that they are after." Henry David Thoreau

"I am, Sir, a brother of the angle" from the book The Compleat Angler. Izaak Walton 1653

Speedracer

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2023, 12:20:17 PM »
Coming along nicely! Did you have a YouTube channel at one time?

thirdgearspeedshop

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2023, 12:32:54 PM »
Coming along nicely! Did you have a YouTube channel at one time?

Thanks, Yes I have a YouTube Channel. It's been a while since I've been at the model bench and I haven't posted a video in a long time. I may build a Butch Lindley LMS Nova after this one, and I would consider doing a video series on that project. For now I'm just having fun at the bench without recording, editing, etc.

john2

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2023, 05:18:00 AM »
 :)  Going to be a good one.  I got to see Jack race onetime at Montgomery, Alabama. Those were the good old days.

Keep her going.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2023, 04:58:00 AM by john2 »
Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4

TarheelRick

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2023, 09:22:49 AM »
Looking forward to this build, have been a Jack Ingram fan for many years. Used to watch him, Ned Setzer, Roy Tratham, and a few others tear up Hickory Speedway in their '55 Chevies, except Tratham's Ford every Saturday night. Got back up there one night in 76 before I left for Alaska on a USAF tour of duty, probably saw him race this one. Keep those updates coming.
When I win the Powerball I will switch to the real ones.

thirdgearspeedshop

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2023, 08:36:10 AM »
Iv'e made some progress on the Iron Man Nova. The cage is built. Still need to clean up a few welds, The tin work is done, dash and steering wheel in place. I sanded the emblems and signal lights off the body, filled in the door handles and added a slight flare to the rear wheel openings. I made a a fuel filler tube, overflow spout, and a bracket to mount the spoiler. Next up: engine, exhaust, then I can get some paint down. Getting close!

TarheelRick

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2023, 10:42:55 AM »
That is so wicked looking already. Can't wait until you get the paint on it and decal it. Keep those updates coming.
When I win the Powerball I will switch to the real ones.

Volzfan59

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2023, 04:47:41 PM »
This is a great looking Nova LMS! Thank you for sharing it. I really miss those days and the NASCAR LMS Series.
"Many men fish all of their lives without knowing it is not the fish that they are after." Henry David Thoreau

"I am, Sir, a brother of the angle" from the book The Compleat Angler. Izaak Walton 1653