Construction Topics > Reference material

Carolina Vintage Racers

(1/2) > >>

thirdgearspeedshop:
Hey guys, this past Saturday I went to Greenville Pickens Speedway to watch the Vintage Racing Association. There were some tough looking cars that compete in this group. The racing was great as well. They really put down some fast laps and aren't afraid to mix it up. I took several pics that will hopefully be good reference material for you guys. Enjoy!

john2:
 :)  Thanks for the pictures.  I went to G P one Saturday night in 1963 while stationed at Donaldson AFB in Greenville, and got rained out.  They  soon closed the base, and I was transferred, so never got to go back.  As I recall, it was dirt at that time. 

Glad it is still there, and active. 

Dirtman:
Thanks for the pics! I have a friend who races a '66 Chevelle in the vintage class in Wisconsin. Yes the do mix it up. I really enjoy seeing videos that they post on FB......

Rett

thirdgearspeedshop:
Is the aluminum canister in this pic an expansion tank for the cooling system? Or a dry sump oil system? I wouldn't think these cars have dry sump oil pumps but I could be wrong.

Dirtman:
I'm thinking this is an expansion tank. Some of these vintage racers are pretty fancy, so ya never know...

Rett

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version